Monday, February 16, 2009

I Want a Hog!


Yesterday was quite productive. Son and his wife came over in the afternoon and he was soon able to get the two bedroom doors off their hinges. We put Mr. Indi's door out in the garage (one day this garage will burst at the seams!) but we left my door up against the wall in my bedroom as it will be put back up once we have finished with all this shuffling around.


Before our company came, I went down to a new pizza joint in the old part of town. I have been dying for some decent pizza and this new place looked promising. Well, let me tell you - the pizza was super. Lovely crust - not too much tomato sauce - yummy pepperoni. But the ambiance is less than stellar! The two big screen televisions were showing NASCAR auto racing - which I can't stand! But you have to be a NASCAR fan to qualify as a real man in this town. Also, they do not give you a glass when you order a beer. Drinking from the bottle is a city ordinance, I think! Arghh - I hate drinking beer from a bottle - but - a Newkie is a Newkie so I put up with it! Are you getting the picture that I live in Hicksville, USA!


After we got the doors down, Mr. Indi insisted that we nail up a sheet or something to cover the door hole! I think he's afraid of the boogie man! I told him that the boogie man will take one peek at the bed pans, urinals, antiseptic hand wipes, etc and run for his life. The boogie man will be more afraid of you than you are of him! His Lordship wanted to know if I was going to nail a sheet over my door hole! NO, when I have my eyes closed, I don't care who comes in my room - and besides the boogie man is under the bed - with the dust! Leave him alone!


The steaks that I got for 1/2 price were delish and, luckily, the rain held off while I did the BBQ. With some baked potoatoes and a lovely salad with avacado, it was a very good Sunday dinner washed down with a Baileys! Life was good - well, for at least a couple of hours it was good!


This morning, the rain is pouring down and it's a bit parky (40F) The rain is forecast to get worse through the day so I don't think I shall be venturing very far on my Harley-Davidson hog - pictured above! (I lie - I just dream of riding a Harley!) The picture was taken in Temecula last summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness,

Not more sheets to deal with - you two have some sort of fetish!!!!

Hope you are not contemplating ironing your temporary doors now?

Good news its all going to plan, and I hate drinking out of bottles too, dreadful look for a lady, but now seems to be the Kiwi way.

Good luck with all the moving about.

Yor

lexi said...

Hi Indi,

give my good friend Jesse James a call and order up a new "Hot Pink" chopper! Let him pimp out your ride....hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwR2WOsVdCg

xoxoxoxo
Lexi

lexi said...

BTW, Biker Chicks drink out of bottles....lol

Anonymous said...

I used to love NASCAR! Well, the big-boys' NASCAR ... Winston Cup ... which has been renamed so as to be PC and not reflect poor habits like cigarette-sponsorship of an event.

In any case, I'm glad things are getting a bit under control ... and it's avocado ... now that you've got me on an editorial bent!

Love you both to bits!

S.