Sunday, February 22, 2009

Done and Dusted!


I finally feel as though I accomplished something, yesterday! And doesn't that feel fine - when you've been struggling with an issue and finally have it under control?


Some weeks ago, a nurse from the first home care agency had taken blood samples to the wrong place for analysis. I then received a bill for $384. I know that the blood tests should be covered 100% by our insurance but was getting the run around as far as how I could make that claim.


Well, after umming and arrring for a couple of weeks, I decided to pay the bill and then collect all of the paper work - scan it - send it to the insurance co and ask them to reimburse me. I don't know if it will work - it should! But, I was spending too much time and energy worrying about having that bill hanging over my head. So - it's done and, with luck, I will be reimbursed. And, if I don't gets me money back - I shall have to give up drinking Newcastle Brown! Perish the thought!


Steve, the physio came yesterday and had me practicing getting his Lordship in and out of the wheelchair. It's a bit scary as the transfer board that Mr. Indi plonks his bum on is only about 9 inches wide (Mr. Indi's bum is about 5 feet wide!) But, WE DID IT! And, we did it without Steve helping us. Getting back from the chair to the bed is a bit more awkward and Mr. Indi gets very nervous but both Steve and I told him that once he is halfway up the board, all he has to do is sling himself on the bed - even if he ends up sideways - it's OK! We went through the routine twice and Mr. Indi started to feel a bit more confident. We promised Steve that we will practice it again today. If you never hear from me again, I am buried under a wheelchair and a large man in the back bedroom!


Anjo the Banjo arrives tomorrow and I'm sorry to say that I may be meeting her in the rain. She has seen enough rain this winter in cold and wet England/Wales and is hoping for lots of lovely LA sunshine so that she can lie on the chaise in the back garden in her bikini! (Enough to lower the price of houses in the area, I should think!) Anyway, the temperature will be about 70F (21C) so I think she will enjoy that. Am so looking forward to her expertise in ironing, lavatory cleaning, vacuuming and general skivvying! Love you Anj!


I don't think I have posted this picture before - but it is a nice one for a grey and gloomy day in LA. I took the picture of the bougainvillea at the San Gabriel Mission last summer.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are making progress, if the insurance don't pay let us know and we will bombard them with e-mails from all over the world. That should sort them out - well maybe if the e-mails reach a human.

Have fun with Anjo and looking forward to a photo of both of you relaxing in your polka dot bikinis, and you better have a drink in your hands too!

Cheers from NZ

Yor

Muderma said...

I hope you have given that ironing board (and the vacuum cleaner) to Mrs Jesus, or else POOR Anjo will NEVER get a nice tan around her polka dots !

Hope you both have a wonderful time together, and that Himself also enjoys having a visitor.

Love to all three of you ...