Sunday, February 1, 2009

Football Frenzy! Go Arizona!


Mr. Indi was feeling quite good yesterday morning - I think because he had a fairly decent night's sleep. So, I decided to take a risk and leave him on his own for a couple of hours while I went on a pie run. I had used up all my English style meat pies from the British Import store and needed to stock up before I had a pie fit! And, as long as I was going for me - I thought I would pick some up for the kids too. So I did the "Grand Tour" (45 miles) to pick up several beef and mushroom - some beef and onion and a couple of steak and kidney. Although, I must say that the last time we had steak and kidney pies, I think they must have waved one kidney over the pair of them just to give the illusion! Ah well, with plenty of chips and smothered in gravy, they all taste good.


I also got some of those lovely Irish sausages and a couple of cans of Heinz curried beans - Heaven - who says we don't eat healthy!! The freezer is now bulging with carbos and processed meat!


I got a sweet email from my lovely friend Jan, whose darling husband, Tony, has been struck down with a stroke. Jan is his primary care-giver and gave me a little advice re: emptying the dreaded bedside potty. She assured me that after a couple of weeks you "don't even notice!" Huh? I suppose it must be like sticking needles into your eyeballs every day - after a couple of weeks you "don't even notice!" Love you Jan.


After making his Lordship some lunch, I foolishly went to the grocery store for a few things. I must have lost all presence of mind because today is Super Bowl Sunday and yesterday the hoards of manic football fans were in the grocery store buying up cases of beer, 12-15 New York steaks at a time, a half a dozen jumbo bags of chips (crisps)with 8 jars of salsa and cheese dip along with pretzels, 2lbs slabs of cheddar and 6 boxes of crackers - And that was just for the pre-game show! Who says there's a recession? It took me 45 mins just to get a bunch of grapes and a 1/2 gallon of milk!


At 8:00 p.m. last night, I got a phone call from a lady who introduced herself as a social worker and said she would be over to visit us between 10 and 11 this morning. A bit odd, coming out on a Sunday! But, I'm not going to complain - the sooner, the better.


Today's pic is one that I took in 2006 - once again on the Northern California coast. Can't remember the name of the beach but the local youngsters build structures from the driftwood. Interesting, yes?

No comments: