Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving Day!


Well, by the time I went to bed last night, I felt like I had been put through the mangle! Actually everybody who joined in with the "patient transfer and bed pushing " palaver worked so hard and I am so grateful to everyone who lent a hand - especially as it poured with rain for most of the day.


Lillian showed up at 7:30 to give his Lordship a good scrub down and wash his hair - I had forgotten to put her on the calendar! Duh - I felt like a real nincompoop - still in my pjs and watching the news with my 4th cup of tea in my hand! "What are you doing here?" "Oh nothing" she said. "Just stopping by to say Hi!" Lil is a real card! She got busy and his Lordship was sparkly clean in no time.


My son and his wife came at about 10ish and helped move some of the furniture in my bedroom in order to make room for the wheelchair to go up the side of the bed. And, of course, the more we pushed and shoved, the more dust and dead bodies we found under the bed! I really do need a maid - any volunteers?


At about 11:30 my son in law and his cousin came to move Mr. Indi from one bed to the other. I was very nervous as Mr. Indi is dead weight and unable to help move himself so I was afraid that he would end up "Kersplat" on the bedroom floor. But J and O are big strong chaps and had him out of the bed; into the wheelchair; into the other bed, all in about 5 minutes! Well done!


We soon got him all settled in with his bed pans, urinals, television and clicker, antacid pills and a box of nose blowers! All the necessities of life! He was happy as a lark. It didn't take long to strip down the other bed and stack it in the garage and while he was out there, J chopped up some fire wood for me for kindling and the washing machine was started on a marathon session.


While the bed moving was in progress, M and D drove to the medical supply store and picked up a transfer board ( a device used to move a patient to and from the wheelchair - bed - potty - etc.) and a bathtub bench which we hope Mr. Indi will be able to use one day. So, we are now a fully equipped private hospital that offers experienced bedpan emptiers, high def cable TV and a Newcastle Brown Ale with dinner. Rooms from $800 per day!


Now, some very good news - Anjo the Banjo will be arriving in Los Angeles next Monday to spend a couple of weeks helping me with a bit of skivvying! Yea! We shall also be celebrating both of our birthdays - in one place - together - for the first time in about 50 years! We were born 12 days apart - NO - not in the same year!


Today, the hospital bed will arrive. I hope they don't muck about and make me wait around all day grrrr! I have a hundred things to do - including going to get a new prescrip for more morphine. Then, once the bed is in place, I have to get his Lordship transfered again so I can have my bed back - last night was the couch! Will cross that bridge... - (I seem to be crossing a lot of bridges lately!)


I want to go to the beach but will have to put up with photos for now - today's picture was taken at Balboa in Dec 2007. Can you see the humming bird?


p.s Thanks to S for correcting my postings! Do I get a star?

1 comment:

Muderma said...

ANJO ?? You there ?


(Just a whisper in your shell-like ... hide the iron and ironing board as soon as you arrive, or you'll be dashing away with the soothing iron, tra-la !)