Saturday, February 14, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


At the end of this blog entry, I will tell you all why I hate St. Valentines's Day - but first I'll talk about yesterday and some of the good - and not so good things that happened.

Steve, the therapist came at 8o'clock but didn't get much therapy done as the three of us, Me and Him and Steve, got into a long and complicated discussion about who exactly authorizes equipment i.e. hospital beds and such. The discussion got quite heated at times, as Steve insists that he is the only one who knows how the system works and that our Dr. N isn't applying for equipment in the correct manner. I swear, some people think that they are overseeing an empire! Steve even went as far as telling us that he probably makes more money that Dr. N. Woooo! I'm impressed! NOT.

Anyway, because Mr. Indi didn't get any exercises done, Steve will be back to do a make-up session at 7 o'clock this morning. That's if he can find his way through the pea soup fog that has developed.

After doing a bit of housework, I ran down to the shops to get a few things - amongst them, a new roll of duct tape. Our local hardware store (does anyone remember when we called it the ironmongers?) is a huge jumble of stuff in a big cold drafty building and I have never been able to find anything in there without assistance. Yesterday was no exception. When I asked for duct tape, the chap explained that he had 5 or 6 different grades of tape and it would depend on what I was using it for as to what grade I needed. "Are you tarping your roof before the rain?" "Eh, not exactly," I replied. " I'm sticking a waterproof baby changing pad to the bed so that my husband doesn't wee on the sheets." "Okie dokie, then this is the one you need" he said! This chap obviously knows the 1001 uses for duct tape!


John turned on his cell phone and discovered that there were two messages from Apria (Medical Equip Co.) asking for a convenient time to deliver his wheelchair - Wooo! At least something got approved. I wonder if it was because Emperor Steve did his magic - or was it because the Lord High Doctor filled out the paper work correctly? But whatever it was - something was working because we got another call, later in the day, to say that Apria had the orders to deliver a hospital bed at the same time as the wheelchair! Woa! Hang on a minute! I was thrilled that the bed had been approved - but, as Apria will not move furniture - or patients - I now have to work out the logistics to move Mr. Indi into the other bedroom and have a couple of chaps come and take down the big queen sized bed and chuck it in the garage before the hospital bed is delivered. I have postponed the delivery date until Tuesday, which should give me enough time to round up a posse.


While I was out having lunch with my friend, Anna, Charles - the weird therapist came to give his Lordship a workout. When he left (yesterday was his last authorized visit) he gave Mr. Indi a little book to read. You'd think it would be a book about physical therapy but NO - it was some wacko nut case book about how the Jesuits are out to destroy America and they caused 9/11 and killed Abraham Lincoln and all kinds of other weirdo stuff! I was furious and will report him to his supervisor for inappropriate, unprofessional and unethical behaviour. There are some real nut jobs around! Goodbye, Charles the Weird!


When my lovely daughter died in 1997, all of her funeral arrangements were made by her husband. I was not allowed to have any input into the process. I was even asked NOT to send any flowers to the funeral home. He arranged to have her funeral on Valentines Day, 1997 and she was cremated at Reading Crematorium in Reading, Berkshire, England. Her ashes were strewn in the Garden of Remembrance and there is no marker. The Day was cold and rainy and horrible. The tears were coming down from the sky. I am 6000 miles from Julie - but if I was there, I would take her a red rose. xxxxxxx


Now, here is a coincidence - Last night I posted Julie's favorite song (We Are The Champions by Queen) on another board, in her memory. Another of my bestest friends, Annie, replied by posting Somewhere Over the Rainbow sung by Sarah Vaughn. And, what Annie doesn't know, is that I took the rainbow picture yesterday morning. Does Annie read my mind? Loves ya girl xxxx

6 comments:

Muderma said...

You can get SIX types of duct tape there in L.A.? Wow ! I know what I'll be bringing home for presents for people if I ever get to L.A. !! Duct tape is duct tape is DUCK tape here in U.K.....


Have another hug, both of you ... a BIG one ...

Anonymous said...

Pam

Good news re John's bed. Am sure you'll get a posse nae probs mrs!

Love to you both

Ann B
xxxxx

lexi said...

Wow its been very difficult to read your blog for the past few days, so I can't even imagine what it must be like for you & mr. indi. Remember that song from the 60's "He ain't heavy, he's my brother?" its all I can think of. What a heavy bag of rocks you're both carrying around right now. My best to John!

You know what Indi? You've had soooo much sadness for the past several years, that I think you have enough material to write your very own County Western Song. Who knows it might end up a #1 seller and you become a millionaire, at which time you start sending me monthly checks....or you could adopt me?

xoxoxoxo
Lexi

extra hugs and kisses to mr. indi tonight ;-)

Muderma said...

YES, you MUST report the guy giving out tracts unasked ... these people prey on the vulnerable ... (whereas they should be privately praying for the vulnerable).

Atta-girl, IPA, DO IT !!


XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Indi,
Just Catching up on the last 2 days Blog, I cried with you as you left Dr N, I Laughed at the fact Steve thought he was far superiour to Dr N, and I then really wanted to Punch Steve, Go get him Girl, he should not be in the job, Moron, Grrr.
Another use for your Duct Tape! Stick it over Steve's mouth.

Great news bout the Wheelchair and the Bed, Long overdue, and to quote Ann............ "Am sure you'll get a posse nae probs mrs!"

Stay Strong my friend,
I am here if ya need me,
Love ya Both
Sybil xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Aw, bless you, indi. I know it's a hard weekend for you.

Take care of yourself and each other. I love you!

sdb