Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm Fit as a Fiddle - Honest!


This was my day yesterday:

Got up at 4:30 - watched news and wrote blog.

Emptied drier and ironed 2 sets of queen sized linens - fitted bottom sheets, tops sheets, pillowcases.

Put the last of the soiled bed linens in the washing machine.

Made Mr. Indi some toast with pomegranate jelly and a bowl of shredded wheat.

Made myself a bowl of Weetabix which I ate while putting Mr. Indi's meds together.

Had a quick wash and got dressed.

Made my bed and ran a dust -b -gone thing over the wood floors.

Gave the main bathroom a bit of a cat lick and washed the floor.

Set up Mr. Indi's wash bowl and assorted condiments for him to get cleaned up.

Changed him into a clean pair of shorts and clean tee shirt.

Tidied up his Lordships bed and set up his room in readiness for a visit from Charles, the physio.

Ironed the rest of the bed linens and a couple of tee shirts.

Washed up dishes and ran mop over kitchen floor.

Charles arrived at 10:00 a.m. and needed me to help him - I had to stand and make sure Mr. Indi didn't fall off the edge of the bed - of course if his Lordship had fallen towards me, I would have been a squashed bug!

Charles left at 11:00 and I got ready to go out to several shops.

Made up Mr. Indi a plate of crackers and cheese - bowl of mandarin oranges and some Cheerios snacks for him to munch while I was away.

Set up his room prior to my departure - urinal - bed pan - loo roll - TV clicker - Sunday papers - books.

Set off to do errands - First stop was Radio Shack were I purchased a set of walkie talkies and I managed to remember to get the batteries.

Next stop - grocery store where I managed to get a lovely piece of roast beef and some good fresh veg for dinner.

Next stop - 7 miles in opposite direction to the bed linens store for a waterproof mattress pad and a baby changing waterproof sheet - about 3 feet square to go under Mr. Indi's bum. I also got a couple of single bed sheets to put on the bed sideways - if there is a woopsie it will save me changing the whole bed! Clever, eh? One of my sister's tricks of the trade.

Next stop - Drove a little further down the road and had lunch at La Hoya. Lunch was delish but I sat opposite a booth where a woman - who was the size of a behemoth - was doing a very good impression of a pelican swallowing a whole fish - gulp, gulp, gulp. It was gross - especially as half her food had landed on her tee shirt - sized 58" bust!

But, as this was the first time I had sat down all day - I tried to enjoy myself and not look! But it was like a car accident - I couldn't help myself!

Got home at 2:30 and opened a can of beer! And lit the fire in the living room - twas freezing outside.

Made up the batter for the Yorkshire pudding.

Put the new single sheets in the washing machine.

Peeled veg - Spuds, Brussel sprouts, carrots and parsnips for dinner

Got all the garbage together - trash - recycle - garden rubbish and got the cans ready to take out to the curb but the rain came down in sheets so I sat on the porch and watched it! The rain - not the garbage!

Put beef in oven

Played on the internet for half an hour and exchanged lots of hugs and kisses with my lovely friend Deb xx

Spent next hour making dinner and it was delicious - very tender beef and Yorkies to die for!

Cleaned up kitchen

Started to get Mr. Indi ready for the night by putting the new waterproof pad under him but - guess what - ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG - more sheets to wash. He didn't even know he had done it so I am thinking that the paralysis is beginning to affect his feeling of bowel and bladder function.

I cleaned my baby with his baby wipes - put on his diaper and made up a fresh new bed.

It's bloody hard work when he is unable to move from the waist down - I have to pick up these legs that weigh about 12 tons each! But I got him situated and instead of me getting ready for bed - I was back at the washing machine!

Rain had stopped so took garbage out.

I made it to bed at 8:30 and read ONE page of my book and zonked out.


SO - if you come across a poor old woman - dead - wrapped up in a kitchen towel on the dining room table - throw me in the rubbish will ya?


The picture was taken in 2006 of that lovely miniature rose in a pot on the back patio - it was so pretty - it is now dead.

6 comments:

Muderma said...

I thought it was a dead canary wrapped up in a kitchen towel on the table ?

Anonymous said...

Darling Sis, you never cease to amaze me, and make me laugh! What a day!!! Bye the way its still there!!! call you soon. Love Banjo xx

Muderma said...

You IRON sheets ??

You're making a rod for your back, my girl ...

I only ever ironed sheets when my ma-in-law used to come ... and then only the top 18" where they folded over the blankets and showed !

Anonymous said...

any thought to trying diapers? (cringe - please don't beat me, with comfy chairs or pointy cushions)

love to you both,
Gar

Anonymous said...

I agree with GW, forget the ironing, if its that important to have wrinkle free sheets fold them straight off the line or out of the dryer. All you are doing is exhausting yourself!

And as for ironing ma-in-law sheets what a rotter I am I didn't even do that!!!

Take care and cut a few corners - so what - you need to be well!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. I did notice you mentioned Cheerios. Well, the grandchildren requested them, then didn't eat them so we gave them to the birds this past week as it snowed. Even the birds refused to eat them!