Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bubba's Special - Yummy!


Mr. Indi is not feeling well at all. He gave himself a Procrit injection yesterday but still seems to be getting weaker and is unable to finish his full set of exercises. The RN came for her weekly visit and will be back on Friday morning to take a urine sample - she thinks that there might be something wrong in the plumbing department - grrrrr!


Steve, the physio came in the afternoon and taught his Lordship how to get from the bed to the wheelchair by using the transfer board. Getting from the bed to the chair wasn't too bad but getting back into the bed is a bit more difficult. Steve showed me how to raise and lower the bed so that Mr. Indi wouldn't be fighting gravity as he tries to slide his bum up the transfer board and back into bed - However, I don't think Steve realizes how much my elbows hurt (bloody arthritis) and it's just too hard for me to crank the handle to raise and/or lower the bed. Will have to find a way around it.


A very nice nurse from a hospice agency came to visit and gave us lots of info about hospice care. Unfortunately, one of the services that they DON"T provide, is respite for carers. She did say she could put me in touch with some volunteers but I don't know if I want to do that. I'm a bit wary of leaving a stranger here in the house while Mr. Indi is paralyzed in bed. It's not that I've got anything that's worth more than $20 - but it's just the idea of somebody poking around in our stuff! Am I being silly?


Mr. Indi wanted some of that delicious pizza from the "We don't have glasses for you to drink your beer" joint. I drove down at about 6 p.m. and got their Bubba's Special - everything but the kitchen sink. I took my knitting and did a few rows while drinking Newcastle Brown Ale from the bottle as I waited for the pizza to cook! It didn't take long - I think about 10 rows and 1 bottle - and Mr. Indi was very pleased because it really was delish. And, I was really pleased as there was no washing up! Just chuck the pizza box in the rubbish. We must do that more often.


Since the rain stopped, the weather has been spectacular - the snow on the mountains is gorgeous and the sky has been a beautiful deep blue. I hope it stays this way so that Anjo can see it. She usually comes to visit in the summer when everything is parched and brown - including me!


The picture is one that I took last May under Newport Pier. I like poking about under piers.




No comments: