Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bed and Beach!


A very quick post today - I'm up to my bum in alligators and somebody is draining the lake!


The hospital bed arrived and a very nice chap set it all up and showed me how to work the motorized bits. Called SIL and he came and moved his Lordship from the big bed to the hospital bed. His Lordship has to push all the buttons - up - down - round and round. Tries to pull himself up on the trapeze and BANG - trapeze drops down about 6 inches and nearly beans his Lordship! I looked at the attachment at the back of the headboard but I'm not strong enough to adjust the wingnuts - Ah well - therapist coming this afternoon - will have him look at it. Told Mr. Indi to stop playing around and sit still and watch the tele


Had to go to the oncology office to get prescrip for morphine - dropped it off at Larry's pharmacy but couldn't wait for it because Mr. Indi called to say that he was sitting in a pancake and could I hurry home. Drove home and asked his Lordship if he wanted syrup with that or lemon and sugar!


Mr. Indi's brother is coming on Monday to sit with his Lordship while I drive to LAX to get Anjo the Banjo. Hope the plane is on time - but am so looking forward to seeing her and am getting the ironing board ready for when she arrives - she'll soon get over the jet lag! (Kidding - honest!)


The picture is of the beach at New Quay in West Wales - it is so lovely. A big "Thank You" and lots of slobbery kisses to my friend Jan who sent me the picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen on gangster movies that over there you can get the "Mafia" to put a "Hit" out on a person, and the person just "disappears".

Wonder how much it would cost to have a "contract" put out on your ironing board?

Lol - just kidding - enjoy your friend's company!

Yor

Anonymous said...

Well, hell! I'm so happy you've got company coming and so sorry J is in such a state. PLEASE give each other hugs and kisses from me. I promise I'll see you both soon.

Take care, luvs!

xoxoxo S

Muderma said...

"... am getting the ironing board ready for when Anjo arrives ... "

I've sent you an email about that !!!


PUT IT AWAY ... ironing is verboten while Anjo is there !