Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Was Doing It Backwards!


Well, Aurelia, the RN came at about 9:00 a.m to get a urine sample and you know what happened - he couldn't do it! I tried making tinkling noises and pretending to chug-a-lug a Newcastle out of the bottle - but he could only manage a dribble! Aurelia said that she only needed 10cc but one needs quite a few dribbles to make 10ccs. Grrr! Well, we finally got enough and - after Aurelia had left to take the sample down to Dr. N's office - Mr. Indi peed about 2 gallons! Bloody marvelous isn't it?


It wasn't more than an hour later that Daisy, Dr. N's nurse, called and said that they had detected massive infection in the urine and where sending it out to the lab for a culture. In the meantime, they called in a prescription to Larry's pharmacy for Cipro - a horrible, strong anti-biotic that makes you dizzy! (I speak from experience.) The drug should clear up the infection within 10 days - and, I hope, will make poor old Mr. Indi feel a bit better than he has done over the past week or so.


Weird Charles also came in the morning, to do a few exercises with his Lordship. He noted that the hospital bed was way too low and that it needed adjusting so that I don't hurt my back while changing Mr. Indi and/or his bed linens. I told him about how both Lillian and I have tried to raise the thing but it is too hard to crank the handle. Well, guess what? Charles cranked the bed up in no time at all - it seems that both Lillian and I had been turning the crank handle the wrong direction - it's supposed to go anti-clockwise! Duh! I felt like a complete prune - BUT at least the bed is now raised up and will hopefully give my poor old back a bit of rest!


I drove down to the World Market and stocked up on tea bags for the imminent arrival of Anjo the Banjo - I also picked up a few treats - Cadbury's Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Bikkies! Yummy. While down in that neck of the woods, I stopped and had lunch with my friend Di. She will be out of town for the next 2 weeks and will miss Anjo. Boo - Hoo! Still, I'm sure she will meet her in the future. Di is a very nice person and I'm sure Anjo would enjoy meeting her.


I'm getting lazy about cooking dinner each night - too much work - and so last night I got Swedish Meatballs with Noodles in a nice sauce from the frozen food department. I was surprised how good it was - and Mr. Indi scarfed the lot. I also got a loaf of freshly baked cheese and jalapeno bread. Wow! I washed it all down with a Newkie and was set for a good night's sleep!


I took the picture in August 08. I love yellow flowers - especially dahlias.

3 comments:

Muderma said...

Tell Himself that he has my heartfelt sympathy ... urinary infections are a right pain in the, well, bladder, I suppose !

Give him a hug from me ... and have one yourself !


XXX

Anonymous said...

Hiya Indi,,,lol,,sometimes those things are harder to operate than people think!!

Luv Ya
Brenda

Anonymous said...

My son said to me yesterday. Have you ever tried to get a urine sample from a 5 month old baby? (our grandson had some projectile vomiting over 2 days last week). He eventually went off to the hospital with about 2ml! Immediately he left his partner was changing baby's nappy on their bed and, yes, you've guessed it. He did two huge fountains and wet everything in sight.
We are dropping in to your blog from time to time.
Love Judy Ward End