Saturday, February 7, 2009

Auntie Mary Had a Canary!


A lovely friend of mine has been reading the blog and the story of the canary made her think of the "skipping verses" that she sang as a kid in England while skipping rope. Most of them start with the line: Auntie Mary had a canary - but, as I don't want to lower the intellectual tone of this blog - erm, I won't repeat the rest. I just want to say that I laughed so hard it caused me to have an unfortunate accident.


Yesterday didn't start out too well - but at least it didn't get much worse! Poor Mr. Indi managed to get on the bedside potty but his legs are so paralyzed (they seem to be worse since chemo) that he got stuck and couldn't get off the pot! So, at 7:00 a.m. I was knocking on Jesus door and asking him for help. He came over immediately and between us we managed to get his Lordship back into bed. Poor thing - he was so so embarrassed - but what can one do?


At about 8:00 a.m. Jesus and his lovely wife, Lourdes, came knocking on the door with all of the ironing done and placed on hangers. What a good job Lourdes did. Not only that, she gave me a beautiful hand knitted scarf that she had made. I must take a photo of it - it's gorgeous. I asked her (through her translator husband) if she had the pattern. She replied that all of the patterns were in her head and she had learned to knit in Mexico as a little girl. Aren't people so kind and sweet?


Do you remember the dippy nurse who came to the house to draw Mr. Indi's blood last month and then lost it? Well, the blood was found and the results eventually ended up at Dr. J's office. However, this dippy nurse did not fill out the paperwork correctly and yesterday I received a bill for $345 for the blood tests from the lab! Grrrrr! This is all supposed to be covered 100% by our insurance. (Where do they find these incompetent people?) So, I spent half the afternoon on the phone with our insurance company (they were very helpful) trying to figure out the procedure that I need to follow in order to get this bill paid. It's no wonder I drink!


I talked to S. our advocate and Mr. Indi's hospital bed is in the works - somewhere! But, it may be up to another week before it arrives. Where in the heck is it coming from? Don't they have any hospital beds in Southern California? I do despair!


Today, I am going to buy a set of walkie talkies. My computer is in the very back of the house and Mr. Indi is in the bedroom at the very front of the house. I keep thinking that I hear him calling me - Oy you - or something like that - and I'm up and down that hallway 500 times a day - Me legs are 3 inches shorter than they were a month ago. So - if I have a walkie talkie, he can dispatch his orders to me and I can say ten-four over and out! Or something like that!


To those of you who are following the canary saga - the deceased is still on the dining room table but is now in a shoe box! Funeral arrangements are pending!


The picture is one that I took in Sept 2005 when Mr. Indi was doing much better than he is now. He loves the beach and was looking for shells and stuff.


2 comments:

Muderma said...

You CAN'T leave all your Blog-Fans wanting to know more about Auntie Mary's canary ... so here it is IPA !

"Auntie Mary had a canary
Up the leg of her drawers
When she farted it departed
Down the leg of her drawers."

There, that wasn't too bad, was it !!

lexi said...

What a beautiful picture of mr. indi. He looks so daper and trim. huba huba

Can't comment on the bird caper. Lost my parrot, Lexi when she bite into a cord and electrocuted herself. Ouch! Feathers everywhere.......