Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just for Me! Ahhhhh!


Today's picture is one that was sent to me by my friend, Sybil. The beautiful rose is called "Just For You" and I think it's gorgeous. Thank you my friend xx


Steve came at 7 a.m. yesterday and was amazed to learn that both the chair AND the hospital bed had been approved. He scratched his head and tried to figure out how this could be. I mean, he hadn't written his recommendations yet! I tried hard not to gloat.


Anyway, to give him his due, Steve got stuck in with the exercises and the first thing that he worked on was to show Mr. Indi how to get in and out of the wheelchair. Getting in wasn't so bad - he used a pillow as a sliding board (the arms of the chair are removable) but getting back in the bed was a bit of a struggle - but they did it and I could tell that Mr. Indi felt very pleased. Steve is going to find a proper sliding board at a reasonable price and should be calling me today.


Mr. Indi also got to work on the rowing and stretching exercises with the resistance band. Steve has me holding the middle of the band while Mr. Indi rows. Cor struth - I'm not sure if my elbows will hold up for long - but my buzooms may be getting bigger! Mr. Indi also did some exercises with weights to build up his triceps and to strengthen the abs. Whoooo! Mr. Indi will be looking like Charles Atlas soon!


I told Steve about Charles the Weird and his nasty little book of hate that he had given to Mr. Indi. Steve is taking the book to the office to report Charles to the Director of the Home Health Agency. I hope Charles gets the axe and takes his hate elsewhere.


I have rounded up a posse for all of the furniture removals, rearrangements, etc. My son will come today and take the bedroom doors off (otherwise the wheelchair won't fit through.) And, tomorrow, my son in law and his cousin, both nice big chaps, will come and move his Lordship from one bed to the other then take the queen bed down and move it to the garage. I will then have the chance to go over the floor in the front bedroom before the hospital bed arrives on Tuesday. Once the hospital bed is in place, I think that me and Jesus (or is it Jesus and I?) should be able to get his Lordship back into the front room. I expect that some of this pushing and shoving will be accompanied by beer drinking and blue language! Cover yer earoles!


I bought some beautiful steaks yesterday in a half-price sale and hoped that I could BBQ them today but a big rainstorm is on the way - may have to move the BBQ onto the side porch and smoke the house up! Still, it will be worth it - haven't had steak for weeks. I love a slab of dead cow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moo Moo! I'm having cow pie tonight! Will call you later. Anjo x

Anonymous said...

Good going, sounds like your world will become less hard with the equipment finally arriving. Did you know its considered a bad idea to iron sheets for hospital beds, apparently it does something funny to the intricate workings of the bed.

So be warned and take heed! Cease ironing sheets as soon as it arrives!!

Take care

Yor

Anonymous said...

You loveable nutjob!

SOOOO glad you've found help, and so sorry I still can't be of any.

It's Jesus and I (the other person is always mentioned first).

xoxoxoxoxoxo

S.