Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Books, Knitting, Chemo and Flowers


Thanks to everyone who wrote the kind (mostly) comments about Mr. Indi and his pink potty hat. Yes, he is a good sport - his philosophy being that whatever time he has left, he is going to spend as much as possible enjoying himself and having a laugh.


Another therapist came yesterday afternoon - this time to evaluate the state of his Lordship's legs. His conclusion is that he has less than 10%use of either leg. He made lots of notes and is going to recommend a hospital bed among other equipment. This is the 3rd person who has recommended a hospital bed - but still no bed. I hope they are coordinating all these recommendations but I fear that I may end up with 3 hospital beds - but then I suppose I can open a private hospital for potty people!


Both S, our patient advocate, and I are still working on the MRI approval which seems to be hung up in the great fax machine in the sky! It must have gone the same route as my pension check which showed up late this month.


Mr. A loaned his Lordship a really neat contraption made by Sony. It's a portable book reader thingy. It looks like a small book - about the size of a small paper back and you can download text from say the Gutenberg site (free books) and take the reader to bed with you - or, as is the case today, to chemo. It will hold hundreds of books and Mr. Indi has had great fun playing with it. I think he has about 6 books on it so far and right now is reading Two Years Before the Mast by Richard Henry Dana.

Here is the link for the Gutenberg Project:



Today is chemo day and our first experience with the transportation service who will be picking Mr. Indi up. I could drive along in the Medi-van but will follow along in my own car as I can run a few errands while he is doing chemo. I can also go just up the road - about 1/4 mile and see Sharon - the best hugger in the whole world! I shall take my knitting with me - and, with any luck - get to sit with his Lordship for a little while (chemo will be about 3 hours today) and get a few rows done. I am making a cute sweater for new baby, Lincoln.


Today's picture is one I took several years ago at Tamworth Castle. Tamworth is where most of my father's ancestors came from and I had hoped to find some gravestones in the churchyard - but, no luck. Most of the large headstones had been removed for safety reasons. I suppose they didn't want them to fall over and injure the dead people!

* I just looked back at my old blog entries and see that I have already posted this picture. But, that's OK - It's a nice picture - innit?

3 comments:

lexi said...

Indi Wrote

Thanks to everyone who wrote the kind (mostly) comments

...........

Whoops am I in trouble? lol

Ya know I love u and send giant hugs and kisses.

Here's a few sites to keep u busy in the sparetime

http://www.skarabej.com/english/index.php

http://members.optushome.com.au/lenorefrost/photorescue.html

xoxoxoxo
Lexi

ipa said...

Lexi,
How could I not love you? - you are another of my wonderful soulmates!

And - anyone who is daft enough to live in RI is OK in my book!

Love ya babe
xxxx

IPA - typing this with a Newcastle Brown in one hand - hick!

lexi said...

Dam its freezing back here, a chilly 13.5 F. We've been dumped with more snow then I care to count and that dam ground hog predicts six more weeks of this s**t.

xoxoxo
Lexi