Monday, February 2, 2009

Lotus Blossoms


I am not going to discuss the fact that Arizona lost the Super Bowl - Who cares anyway - It's only a game and the guacamole was delicious! That's what counts!


Today's picture is one that was sent to me by dear Jan (she of the bedside potty expertise!) I think it is an absolutely beautiful picture and thank her for sharing it with me. Jan, drop me a line and let me know where it was taken, will you? xx


Yesterday was a very busy day - apart from football watching. The social worker came in the morning - a very nice lady she was, too. However, because of Mr. Indi's income and age (he's not old enough!) we won't be able to qualify for most of the State sponsored programs that help handicapped and/or disabled people. So, we shall have to rely on whatever our insurance company will approve. She did leave me several brochures of private care agencies and I will be looking into their services and cost. I noticed that one of them will provide respite care for a few hours a week - that might work out well if it's not too expensive. It would give me a break to go off and sit and knit in the park or visit my little granddaughter or drink beer - or all three at once!


Just as the social worker was getting ready to leave, the occupational therapist showed up. He was here to assess Mr. Indi's upper body strength and to teach him an exercise routine to buff up those biceps, triceps, pecs and other manly muscles! Good Luck! (I'm just kidding ) - Mr. Indi's upper body is in fairly good shape but the therapist warned that he MUST exercise 3 times a day or will begin to lose body mass and atrophy will set in.


Part of the exercise routine included warm-ups with a broom stick! NO - Not like that! But our old broom handles were too long - so once again, I was round at Jesus' house asking him to do a bit of broom handle modification. He's a good chap! The therapist was here for over an hour and gave his Lordship a good going-over. He will be sore today but onward and upward! It's not doing any good unless it hurts - so they say!


I'm not sure what is on the agenda for today - I hope to get the chance to sit at my computer and clear out my in-basket which now has 938 emails in it - and, with any luck, I will reply to some of my pals! But - I am learning that it's not much good in planning one's day - something always comes up. One can only hope that whatever comes up will be good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was for Arizona, too....

My very best to you both and especially to J ... I hope he is buoyed by the attention to his plight and the expertise of the therapist, et al.

I think of you both and keep you in my thoughts.

xoxoxo sdb

Anonymous said...

Arizona didn't lose - they just ran out of time

Muderma said...

Arizona didn't lose - they just ran out of time ...


I must remember that phrase when England give the Ashes to Australia AGAIN, or get beaten by the West Indies ...