Friday, September 5, 2008

Would You Believe It?


Last time we went away for the weekend (Encinitas) I was furious because my beautiful cactus plant flowered while I was away. The flower only lasts one day and I missed it! Grrrr. Well, we are going away again and last Sunday I spied another bud coming on the cactus plant! Oh NO! the bloody thing must know that I'm off for the weekend and it's taunting me. BUT - I have to take back all those terrible things that I have said about my cactus plant because when I went out and checked it at 5 a.m. - IT HAS BLOOMED! So I will take a picture as soon as it is light enough.


Yesterday was a difficult day for me because the heat has really got my arthritis stirred up. I can hardly pick anything up because my hands hurt so bad and I might have to give up typing for a few days. My knees are also mighty sore and going to the loo is now accompanied by lots of moaning and groaning as I struggle to sit down - and then struggle to get back up. What a spectacle!


Mr. Indi is feeling really well and looking forward to his weekend away. He plans on eating good grub and downing lots of cold brewskis before he starts back on his horrible chemo routine on Monday. I may or may not keep the blog up-to-date while I'm away. Depends. So, If you don't hear from us, just assume we are having a whale of a time!


I just managed a pic of the cactus flower - complete with ants! Isn't it amazing?

No comments: