Monday, September 15, 2008

What a beaut!


Each Saturday morning, a group of classic car and hot-rod buffs come to our local shopping center to show off their babies - and some of those babies are fabulous. Last Saturday morning, before we went to Palm Springs, I swung by the parking lot and took a few photos. This car is a 1953 Buick Roadmaster - to the best of my knowledge - please correct me if I'm wrong! The chap who owns it has been working on it for 5 years and it is beautiful! I'll post more pictures of the lovely cars later this week.
Yesterday was a laid back stay-at-home day for us. He worked on his model - the Spitfire Super Marine. I did a little knitting but my hands hurt too much to do a lot! Boo hoo! I also tried to work on my memoir but I'm at a brick wall and can't seem to get over it! So - I stared at a blank piece of paper for most of the afternoon! Very restful!
My neighbor came to bring us some of the wonderful fish that he caught last week off the coast of Mexico. My favorite is the smoked Yellow Fin Tuna - we love smoked fish - and we shall have some for lunch today.
Today, his Lordship is home because he has to have a blood test to check his white cell count. He's not supposed to go anywhere where there are any sick people but he has to go to the clinic to get a blood test! Go figure! Do you suppose the clinic will be full of healthy people waiting for a blood test? Luckily, I have made him an appointment so he should be able to duck in and dive out without getting too many germs on himself!
In the meantime - I am going to see the quack about my arthritis - and sit and watch as Wall St. melts down again and takes our pensions with it! Sigh!

No comments: