Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bimbos and Cookie Bakers


When I started this blog, I promised myself that there were two things that I would not write about - religion and politics - after all, this blog is about my husband's battle with cancer and, as we all know, cancer does not differentiate between religious or political groups. HOWEVER, me and him do discuss politics and as the election draws near we are having a few good giggles!


I love America. I have lived here for many, many years and have been afforded many opportunities that have enabled me to travel, to pursue my education, and to meet some of the dearest people in the world. HOWEVER, (I use that word too much!) when it comes to politics, the stupidity of the American public at large blows my mind.


I watched a program on the big tele yesterday where a news woman was asking a few "regular women in the street" what they think of Sarah Palin - John McCain's choice as a vice-presidential running mate. Sarah Palin is the governor of Alaska with just a few years political experience in a sparsely populated state. One woman stated that she LOVES Sarah Palin because Sarah drives her kids to school - she bakes cookies - and she's JUST LIKE ME! Whaaaaa? The news woman then asked this dippy bobble head if SHE wanted to be a vice president. "Oh goodness me, No." she replied. "But I would like someone who thinks like me!" I couldn't help but ponder - "Thinks What?" Thinks about driving the car and and baking cookies?- hmmmm - right! Just what we need in the White House!


Still, I suppose McCain and Palin will win because he's a white male and she's a cute female who drives her kids to school. And, 4 years down the road, the public will have become disenchanted and wonder why the country is in a mess. Just as they now hate Governor Schwarzenegger - the has-been, weight-lifting movie star - who has made a right fiasco of the state of California. Will they never learn?


A country who elects movie stars and bimbos gets what it deserves - in my humble opinion.


Today, my heart is with the people who lost relatives in the terrible train crash in Chatsworth - also the people of Texas who are battling hurricane Ike.


The picture is of a statue of a boy riding a seahorse in the harbor at Santa Barbara. The statue was a gift from the people of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to the people of Santa Barbara.


No comments: