Thursday, September 25, 2008

Up - Down - Sideways!


Mr. Indi will be having chemo again next Monday even though his blood test results where somewhat mixed. His PSA has crept up by 7 points to 93 - not a good trend. However, his alkaline phosphatase was down to 265. The alkaline phosphatase test measure the cancer activity in the bones. A normal reading is from 20 to 120 but a couple of months ago, Mr. Indi's reading was up around 450 so the downward trend is in the right direction.


The hematocrit reading is up from 28.3 to 30.0 and the hemoglobin is up from 9.7 to 10.0. This is good news for the red blood cell brigade and Dr. Dina told Mr. Indi he can skip his stab myself in the belly with a very sharp needle routine this week! Yea!


Even though the doctor visits are a big pain, we always enjoy seeing Dr. Dina - Dr. J's assistant. She is the kindest, gentlest and most compassionate little lady we have ever met. And when I say little, I ain't kidding. You could pick her up and put her in your pocket! OR - as Little Ronnie would say, " You could wear her on a charm bracelet." She's a love.


Mr. Indi is back to work today and I am off to the import store to get some beef pies for dinner. I'm having a a yearning for a soggy pie with chips and gravy! As far as my own doctor appointment - I gave up and my arthritis seems to be quite a bit better this past couple of days. As Ma used to say - most things get better - or not!

No comments: