Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Movies and Martians


The film that we watched was the absolutely splendid, wonderfully costumed, brilliantly photographed, lushly designed, well acted, and overall delightfully packaged - Elizabeth, The Golden Age. Oh, and by the way - I liked it! And what I liked about it best is Clive Owen, who played Sir Walter Raleigh. Cor - he ain't 'alf a nice bit of stuff! He can put his boots under my bed any night! Says she who is - old enough to be his granny!


It really is a great film, though. Cate Blanchett makes a wonderful Elizabeth I and Geoffrey Rush is stellar as Sir Francis Walsingham, her advisor. It's not so much that the film has a great story line, but rather, the photography that is wonderful. Some of the views are absolutely stunning. I could look at this film all day! It's a feast for the eyeballs! Mr. Indi liked it a lot too - especially the battle between the British naval fleet (under Sir Francis Drake) and the Spanish Armada. This film may not be historically accurate but - what the hey! It's a film! And we liked it.


I guess I am now in the dog house with some folks. To which I say - woof-woof! Here's what happened. Someone on a certain web site that I visit made some very disparaging and hateful remarks about people of a certain national origin. Not being one to bite my tongue (as some of you know!) I questioned the wisdom of making those hateful remarks - I really hate bigotry. Well, I was shot down by a number of people who seem to think that I have lost my sense of humor. Well folks, my sense of humor is just fine - but it doesn't stoop so low! So, I'll stay in this dog house - will someone pass me a bone?


Mr. Indi went to get his blood drawn yesterday and is starting to feel uncomfortable with the appointment system at the clinic. When he arrived at 7:15 a.m. there were at least 30 people standing in line. Mr. Indi walked right up to the appointment window, which was empty, handed in his paper work and was in and out within 5 minutes. The daggers flew! He crept out and was glad to be in his car speeding back home! Today is doctor day and we shall find out how the numbers look in preparation for chemo next Monday. Fingers and toes crossed.


Today's picture is one that I took for our sister sister. It is the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse where sister sister acted and sang on that very stage about 200 years ago! Mr. Indi also sang on the stage - dressed as a little green martian - with the church choir! Enjoy.

No comments: