Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Woes!


Going to the fair wasn't such a good idea after all - I spent most of yesterday lying on the couch because my poor old ankles and knees were suffering badly from their overuse on Saturday! Grrr! Mr. Indi, on the other hand, was feeling quite well and did a bit of much need vacuuming. He is home for blood tests this morning and I am going to try - once again - to get a doctor's appointment.


I watch with great angst as the stock market continues its march to the south - taking our pension funds with it. Me and him have been very diligent over the years and put away money on a regular basis so that we might have a comfortable income when we retire. I'm a bit older than his Lordship and am already getting a few bits and drabs coming in on a monthly basis but the majority of our savings are tied to mutual funds and bonds that are all being dragged along in the downdraft. I watch the financial bobble heads on TV who say, "Don't panic, don't sell - just give it TIME - everything is long term!" Well, ehhhmmmm! WE DON'T HAVE BLOODY TIME! He is dying of cancer and I'm already 65! Honestly, I wish we would have stuffed the dosh under the mattress - or spent it.


Today's picture is of another of the floral entries at the Los Angeles County Fair. Isn't it beautiful?


No comments: