Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Wish!


I wish I had a hammock in a shady spot where I could lie and read a book - but I don't so - Oh Well!


Me and him are going for a ride today - he wants to have a little outing before he has to face his chemo again on Monday. I can't decide where to go though. The weather is very hot here (forecast to be 105F today) so the roads to the beach will be jammed. I don't feel like negotiating the mountain roads so I suppose we will go to the wine country or other points south. I think I will just get in the car and let it take me wherever it wants!


Yesterday we went to Riverside for lunch. The food was good, as always - but, I have a sneaky suspicion that the waiter was pulling a fiddle by not putting the cash in the till. I saw him place the tab and money under a shelf near the cash register - why would he do that? Hmmmm! Makes me feel very uncomfortable - I hate dishonest people.


We watched the presidential debate last night - twas like watching grass grow! I do wish Senator McCain would wipe that stupid smirk off his face. We've already had 8 years of stupid smirks - I can't take any more! Senator Obama looked and sounded quite presidential, I thought. That would be a novel addition to the White House - someone who is presidential ! Just imagine! Still, I expect McCain and his ditzy side-kick will win. Well, at least she will provide us all with a few laughs as America slowly sinks into the sunset!

I took the photo at the County Fair - in the garden exhibit.

No comments: