Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Vroom Vroom!


Mr. Indi drives 45 miles each way to work and his car is now reaching the end of its useful life. Yesterday, while he was driving home and talking to me (on his hands-free device - of course) he suddenly stopped in mid-conversation and after a minute of silence said, "Oh, oh! Wow! Hmmm! What the? Woooo! Holy crap! I sensed that something was wrong - I'm good like that!


Long and short of it. All of the gauges on the dashboard suddenly went to zero and all of the corresponding warning lights came on. He pulled off the freeway and into a service station. He then spent about 15 minutes checking out all of the car's vitals. There was oil - coolant - petrol - etc. in all the right places so he took a chance and drove it the rest of the way home - 30 miles.


It appears to be an electrical problem and as we don't have a clue where to find a good electrical problem fixer, the poor sick auto will sit in the driveway for a while and Mr. Indi will use my car. I wasn't really going anywhere today but, already I feel like I have lost my right arm!


Today, as I am housebound, I am going to start to clean out the spare room. There are lots of toys and books in there that no longer get used. I was looking through the books yesterday and there are lots of pages in the Winnie the Poo coloring book yet to be colored. I think I might have a go later on!


The picture above was taken last Sunday. The orchids were divine.



No comments: