Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Can't Taste a Thing!


On the second or third day after chemo, Mr. Indi always starts complaining about his taste buds. It seems that everything starts to taste awful and he can't get rid of the nasty fuzzy feeling in his mouth. In fact, he likens his mouth to the inside of a Russian wrestler's jock strap! NOW, I don't know how or when he became familiar with the intimate details of a foreign athlete's nether regions and I'm not going to ask! But - because of this issue - meal planning has become a problem.


Last night I decided to BBQ a lovely piece of top sirloin. I also made scalloped potatoes and served a bowl of fresh fruit - cherries, cantaloupe and plums. I was surprised to see his Lordship getting it all down his neck. He said that the steak had just hit the spot and while he wasn't that big on the spuds, he did enjoy the fruit because it was so ripe and juicy. There is enough meat and fruit left for tonight and I will serve it with a salad. So - that's that!


Yesterday morning, while I was watering the front garden, I spotted a young raccoon ambling down the middle of the street. Silly thing. It was a very pretty animal with a beautifully ringed tail and he seemed oblivious to me and my watering. I expect he is the same one who has been digging around my vincas - hmmmm - time to get the mothballs out again.


Today's picture was taken at the children's playground at Lake Arrowhead. I loved this horsey! He's got his eye on you!

No comments: