Friday, July 25, 2008

Quail Botanical Gardens

As promised, here are a few of the pictures that I took at the Quail Botanical Gardens. If you would like to learn more about the gardens, see this web page. http://www.qbgardens.org/ The first picture is the view from one of the highest points in the gardens - you can see the ocean - if you stand on your tippy toes!



I don't know what these daisy like flowers are called - but just in case you are on an old black and white puter - they are yellow!


There are Bromeliads growing on the ground all over the gardens. They are all different colours and shapes. I liked these pink and yellow ones. Bromeliads are such interesting plants. They are a member of the pineapple family. They attach their roots around the bark of trees or stones. I'm lucky enough to have several growing in pots in the back garden.


In the center of the gardens is a lovely pond and luckily the water lilies were in bloom.

I thought this topiary Mariachi band was the hokiest thing I had ever seen but it kind of grows on ya! I know of a couple of people who will love this photo! Mr. Indi and I really enjoyed our trip to the Quail Botanical Gardens.

No comments: