Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mountain Air - Cough, Gasp, Choke, Gasp!

We had a good trip to the mountains. The weather was very pleasant - not too hot and just a little bit humid. The sandstone rock outcrop is in the high desert - just off the highway - on the way up to the ski resort of Wrightwood. I am always amazed at the silence of the desert - it actually ROARS in silence.



The little town of Wrightwood is at 5,200 feet above sea level and the main street is on quite a grade, so between the steep hill and the rarefied air, me and him were staggering along like a pair of old uns - Oh, I forgot - we are!


Shortly after we arrived, a cavalcade of classic cars drove up the hill. There were some real beauties there - but I fell in love with this 1967 Mercury cougar which is the same as the one that Uncle Bob owned - 'cept his was dark green


This cute little mountain cottage had no windows on this large outside wall - so they painted some on. Isn't that cute! Or maybe not!

On the way back down the mountain, I stopped to take pictures of the Joshua trees. Mr. Indi was yelling at me to watch out for the "buzz worms" I took no notice and wandered about wearing just a pair of flip-flops. Then I rememberd what "buzz worms" are - YIKES! I was back in the car - poste haste!

No comments: