Monday, July 14, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Indi At The Movies!


Since we got the big tele, we've watched a few movies and the big tele really makes all the difference in the world. Well, not just the big tele but the big sound system which reverberates throughout the house and part way down the street! Serves them right! That'll show them barking dogs a thing or two!


The other day we watched 3:10 to Yuma. I'm not a big Russell Crowe fan but he was very good as Ben Wade - an outlaw. Crowe is always sexy and I think more so when he's a bad guy! I also liked Ben Foster as Charlie Prince - also an outlaw. What is it about bad men? Mr. Indi enjoyed the flick very much. He is a big fan of shootouts and hangings and mayhem - and the "bang-bang you're dead" scenes where great! So - we give it a BIG thumbs up!


Last night we watched There Will Be Blood. It was OK but far too long - almost 3 hours. I can see why Daniel Day-Lewis won the Oscar for best actor though. He's brilliant. But I also like Paul Dano who played twin roles in the film. (Paul Sunday and his brother, the preacher, Eli.)Mr. Indi liked the sets and the clothing - Mr. Indi is a big fan of period clothing. But, he too got tired of waiting for the movie to end. Overall it was fair to middling and we give it a sideways thumb!


Mr. Indi is back at work today and is feeling quite good. He is just about over his chemo roller-coaster so should be good for a while - until the next session.


The picture today is one that was sent to me by my friend JP - Hi Jan xx. The lovely plant is a bignonia growing in France.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Indi,
Not a Russell Crowe fan myself, but did happen to catch A GOOD YEAR the other day and was pleasantly surprised - I quite liked it. Maybe you will too.

cheers,
g a r

ipa said...

Hi g a r
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep my eye out for A Good Year at the rental store. Who knows - maybe I'm a Russell Crowe fan after all!
p.s. I did like Master and Commander too.