Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Don't mind me!


Mr. Indi's chemo has been postponed until Monday, July 7. Dr. J felt it would be better to wait those few more days and make certain that the nasty cold had cleared up completely. That's the trouble with those nasty colds - they aren't like the nice colds which disappear overnight! But the reprieve means that his Lordship should be feeling quite good for the July 4th holiday - and that's a good thing!

We had a brief discussion with the doc about his rational for trying the Cisplatin. It boils down to the fact that there are really no options left and so he will try the Cisplatin with great caution. The plan is to infuse a small test dose, very slowly, and wait for a reaction. If he can tolerate the test dose they will continue .......if he can't - !

I don't normally watch morning TV. I'm a morning person so am usually out in the garden or doing laundry or something when Good Morning America is on the tele - but yesterday I happened to catch a segment on books worth reading this summer. One book caught my eye - The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. I looked it up on Amazon and found that I could print out the first chapter - 16 pages - so that is what I took to bed last night. It's a boy and his dog story and I'm not normally attracted to those kinds of books but after reading that first chapter, I will say that it is very well written. Will I buy the book? Hmmmm - I don't know! I might!
As of today, you can no longer talk on a cell phone while driving in California unless it is on a hands-free device. Sooooo - you CAN talk on a cell phone while driving! Hello! It's the talking that is dangerous - not holding the phone! I expect the roads will be much safer now. NOT!

I love today's picture. I took it on Sunday at San Clemente. The pelican stood next to that chap for ages just waiting for a fish. The chap acted like he knew the pelican - I expect he did.

No comments: