Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It Keeps Him Off the Street.


Mr. Indi is getting very wrapped up in his model making these days and, consequently, has his model making paraphernalia scattered all across the dining room table. He is very careful to make the clothing of his little figures as authentic as possible and consults several oracles before painting them. I really don't know how he paints them so beautifully because he's got thumbs like sledge hammers! The little 1/48th scale chap in the picture above is an airman who is getting ready to fly his Spitfire.


While Mr. Indi paints Lilliputian people, I sit on the couch and bodge away at my knitting while watching tripe on the big tele. The baby blanket is coming along nicely but I will be glad when it's finished as I want to start a lace shawl that I have seen in Vogue Knitting mag.


Yesterday afternoon, we went down to the Wings place and I finally saw Marcus and collected my 10 bucks from the bet on the basketball series. Marcus is a good sport. We immediately spent the $10 on a couple of cold beers Easy come - easy go! I asked about the movie making that was going on last week and it turns out that they weren't making a movie - they were making an advertisement for the Wings place. It will be shown this winter during football games.
I guess the big truck that I saw with King Kong on the side must have been the King Kong Trucking Company! Duh!


Mr. Indi wants to get away for a couple of days before his next chemo session so I will spend today looking for a good deal on a hotel room - maybe Ventura this time.

No comments: