Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ta ta!


It's all happening here this morning. Hustle and bustle. Well, maybe just hustle! You would think that we're going away for 2 weeks instead of 2 days. What with all the meds - the tea making paraphernalia - lap top and briefcase full of dead people research - 2 cameras with spare batteries and card reader - 4 puzzle books and 2 novels - what did I forget?


Our timing for this get-away weekend could not have been worse! My beautiful cactus is going to flower. It only flowers once a year and only for one day! And - it will probably flower on Sunday while we are gone! The bud is ready to burst. Mr. Indi suggested that I bring it with us. He noted that the hotel allows pets Oh - OK! It's only about 7 foot across. I would look a bit conspicuous lugging it up to the room - on a leash!


I've been in touch with my friend S from San Diego and we are hopeful that we can meet up for lunch or dinner. I look forward to seeing her.


The weather is supposed to be very good - not too hot but with buckets of sunshine. I might even do a little sunbathing by the pool! Egads! What a horrible sight!


The baby blanket is growing - slowly. I hope to get a few more hearts done over the next few days. Mr. Indi is going to drive and I love to knit while watching the countryside fly by.


My next entry will be from far-away Encinitas.

No comments: