Monday, July 21, 2008

Aren't I Smart?


I was so happy that my friend could come and meet us for lunch. We drove to The Beach House in Cardiff by the Sea and had a lovely meal - shame about the 2 tables full of screaming babies and other assorted tiddlers! But, I concentrated on my lobster and tried to ignore the interruptions. The weather was splendid, and, after lunch, we went for a climb on the nearby rocks and then sat in the sun while discussing family history.


We went for a short drive down the coast and stopped at Solana Beach where we poked about in the Cedros Design District. This is where I took the photo of the Smart Car - and I love the picture because I managed to get myself in it! The shops on Cedros Avenue are lovely with smashing hats and shoes! I tried on a pair of sparkly flip-flops - but at $81 - Nah! After enjoying a nice cold beer on a restaurant patio, it was time to say goodbye to my friend. We had a lovely time.


Mr. Indi and I went to Robbie's in Encinitas for dinner. I had read mixed reviews about the food and I would have to say that it was so-so. I had Fillet Mignon with a Gorgonzola sauce. The meat was too rare for me- I had asked for medium and it was still mooing! Mr.Indi had a burger that he really enjoyed. The service was OK so I suppose I would give Robbie's a 6 (out of 10)


We will be packing up and going home today -boo hoo! I love the beach.

No comments: