Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trees - Dust - Drugs!


The tree man came early in the morning and worked until 4 p.m. Boy, that is a BIG tree - but anyway it's now had a very nice trim and looks quite respectable! AND, if we keep our fingers crossed, it won't blow over when the Santa Ana winds come again.


Mr. Indi's brother came to visit him yesterday and so I made myself scarce. (They talk man talk!) The trouble is that I really don't like going out by myself all the time - and I found myself sitting in the corner of the Italian joint - crying! What a dumbo - the waiter thought I was crying about the food! I almost got a free meal out of it!


I interviewed a cleaning lady this morning. She comes highly recommended and seems really nice. She will come for 4 hours every 2 weeks. She won't be able to start until May 13th though - I guess I shall just have to live with my dust until then!


I'm falling down on the job here! I didn't keep track of Mr. Indi's morphine and he almost ran out. So - it was panic stations this morning as we got hold of his nurse and she called in an emergency order to the pharmacy. They will send the drugs out by courier this afternoon - Phew! I must start keeping a more accurate tally sheet.


I took the picture yesterday afternoon. My hibiscus is starting to look very pretty - I'm glad that something is!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

Dust ... if it doesn't walk out from under the bed and say 'Hello' to you every time you pass, you haven't got dust like I've got dust !

I'm sure the cleaning lady will be excellent ... send her over here when you've finished with her. And for goodness sake, DON'T clean the house before she comes like I did when I once had a 'lady wot does' ... just tell her you're ancient and doddery and very lazy and she'll excuse you !

Lots of hugs ... want me to send you some tissues for the down days ? Crying is good for you, so carry on ... let it flow ...

XX Granny

PS ... the nuns send you hugs too ...