Saturday, April 18, 2009

Let me Out!


My Internet is up and down like a bloody yoyo - and we haven't yet changed providers - so I will type this as quick as I can - before I go POOF!


Has not been a few good days. Mr. Indi's constipation became crucial - morphine is a horrible drug when it comes to one's bowels. He was in such pain and discomfort - I just didn't know what to do - and the nurses were no help. But - I finally got him moving with shredded wheat - apples - prunes - milk of magnesia and senakot (double dose!) Yea! Of course, I then became the bed pan emptier par excellence for several hours - Oh well - I wasn't doing anything else important!


The hospice company has now insisted that we use their hospital bed as opposed to the bed that Mr. Indi is using - that came from the Home Care company. (The EXACT same type of hospital bed.) What a crock! Now - on Monday, I shall have to use the Hoya hoist and wheelchair to move his Lordship into the spare room while all this bed moving takes place. I shall then have to move him back. I'm glad he's only 230 lbs - I couldn't manage 300!


My car died this morning - What Fun! When the Auto Club came out to look at it, the verdict was that the battery is toast! It looks as though the alternator cooked it. So - I had it towed to our mechanic and they will check it out on Monday. I am guessing $800! So - for the rest of the day - grocery shopping, etc - I drove Mr. Indi's old banger which makes horrible grinding noises when you turn the steering wheel. I shall have to take that one in, too. My guess is another $800.


Last night, the people at the back of us gave a party (they have a swimming pool) - they were still going at it at 2:30 this morning. Selfish lot - or maybe I'm just jealous that I wasn't there! Either way - I am sleep deprived!


Thanks to Jan for the wonderful note - I couldn't stop laughing - and I hope you and Tony have a wonderful time in Wolverhampton - my kinda place!


The picture is of a horrible 6 inch grasshopper that was on my window screen yesterday morning. He jumped - flew - flopped - out of the way before I could chop his head off with my secateurs. But - I shall be on the lookout for him - he'd better beware! I named the picture - Let me Out - but as he was on the outside, I suppose it should be - Let Me In!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Grasshopper - I like grasshoppers and last weekend had one in a jar (with food) beside my pillow on the side table. Isn't the world wonderful when you have a six year old amateur naturalist in the house! Lol not.

Good luck with the vehicles Indi, its a terrible feeling not being able to trust the ruddy things and there is no way I am a mechanic! But as a saving grace I can sex grasshoppers for you - so if you can get a better shot I will tell you if its a Harry or a Harriet.

Take care and hope Mr Indi doesn't get bunged up again.

Yor

Anonymous said...

Indi,

I am worried....you said Wolverhampton is your kind of place...how many years in USA do we need to expect before this kind of madness leaves you??!!!!!....there is only so much I can forgive a Brummie lass....endless kisses!!

xxxxxx

DTR