Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday


As all of you know - I am not a religious person - but I always remember Good Friday- although not for the right reasons!


When I was working for a large company, they let us have 3 hours of paid time off - from noon till 3 p.m. on Good Friday - so that we might attend religious services. Of the approximately 50-60 workers in our building - all but 2 or 3 took advantage of this generous offer and left the building at 5 minutes to 12 and scurried down to the nearest church. We all piled in and sat in the last rows of pews - making sure that we were seen by the pastor and local parishioners. Once the service was under way - and the religious ceremony began in earnest, we all crept out of the back door and moved on to "The Church of the Holy Pizza and a Pint"!


Many glasses of suds were consumed and the pepperoni pizza filled our guts. We all arrived back at the office at 3 p.m. with a general feeling of well being! And we gave thanks to the company for our 3 hours of good times.


About 5 years after I joined the company, the policy was changed. We could still take the 3 hours off on Good Friday - but it would be UNPAID and reported as an approved religious absence on our record. YIKES! The following year - I think only 6 truly religious people went to Good Friday services - the rest of us heathens had lunch in the cafeteria! Shame - I did enjoy our Good Friday get-together! And, it's amazing how money can play a part in one's faith! LOL


On to other things - the volunteer who came to watch John yesterday, while I went shopping, was wonderful - she is a very kind and loving lady - I will be calling her next week. Our friend, Enrique, came by the house too, yesterday - another kind and sweet person - he is coming again on Monday to help me with some gardening.


The weather stinks! Grrrr - cool and cloudy and the kind of day that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a blankie. But - I have too many things to do - and his Lordship needs to go back on the bloody potty again! Grrrr! If he keeps this up, it will get stuck to his bum!


I took the picture today- one of my fave geraniums.

PS - Thanks for all the emails and notes about Mr. Indi's sore bum. My friend Ann suggested something that is nasty and brown and smelly - (I hate to tell you that we already have that!) My other dear friend, suggested a balm made of cows udders - Argggg! I already have enough trouble - I don't need to wash a bum full of nipples! But, keep the suggestions coming - all are welcome - Love you all!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

Hi Indi ... glad to see you seem to be online OK.

Give Himself a hug from me ... and a X on his .... no, better not ! I hope the sore patch is improving anyway ... at least with all the unguents (get a dictionary !) recommended, it must be improving a little.

Can one pray for someones b*m ??

8-)