Sunday, April 26, 2009

Catching Up!


I just haven't been able to find the time to write the blog for a few days - but, as it is Sunday morning and I have nothing of any urgency to do for the next - oh six minutes! - I will try and catch my breath and do a bit of scribbling.


Mr Indi is finding the new hospital bed a little more comfortable than the previous one - also, the air mattress is a different type and is both more comfortable AND a tad quieter than the other one which sounded like a beehive gone berserk.


But, he looses a little more strength each day and now, when he sits on the side of the bed, he is unable to lift his legs back into the bed without assistance - and - let me tell you - those legs weigh a ton. He sits on the edge of the bed when he's using his computer and he is making me very nervous because he gets so close to the edge. One of these days there will be an awful THUD from the back room!


He is also losing his hand to mouth coordination and must eat with his elbow resting on the bed rail. Still, he manages to shovel it all in - especially his lunch - his favorite meal. I do tend to spoil him at lunch time and always make sure he gets a big handful of his fave snacks - those horrible Cheetos - Yuck! You can see by today's picture, I am shoving as much fruit as possible down his neck - seems to be keeping the bowels running smooth! Excuse the pun!


My hairdresser, who is a very kind lady, came to the house yesterday and cut Mr. Indi's silver locks. She wouldn't let me pay her - and said she was just happy to help. His Lordship now resembles Kenny Rogers - now if only he could sing!


The weather cooled down and is now a bit chilly - (I'm never satisfied!) but at least it has given me the chance to get out in the garden and start pulling off the dead freesias. I hope to get it finished today and then I can go to the garden center and get a few bedding plants. Summer is a'coming!


I got a note from my good friend in the beautiful state of Maine. I was so sorry to hear that she has been very ill in the hospital - but is now on the road to recovery - get well soon Mainey! Miss you.

4 comments:

Daria said...

Glad you had time to update ...

Muderma said...

So glad you've blogged today Indi ... I was about to phone to see how things are, and now you've saved me a quid or so !!

Never be concerned about people doing you favours and being nice to you ... its because you are nice and do favours for others !!

My love and hugs to you both ... and don't go near anyone coughing, sneezing or grunting like a pig ! (I hear California has a few cases of that swine fever thing.

XXX

Anonymous said...

Swine fever or no we've just booked the flights to SF. Mind you it took us 2 hours, 3 different cards, 4 phone calls and we thought we were computer literate! The EU Health Minister says not to travel to Mexico or the USA!

My friend told me about the Californian strawberries and cherries. You can smell them a mile away. Any pics Indi?

Judy

ipa said...

Judy - Will PM you - don't worry about swine flu - or any other kind of flu. And YES - the fruit here is wonderful- will try and find a pic of some cherries. You WILL LOVE San Fran.
xxxxxx