Thursday, April 2, 2009

One Year Ago - WOW!



Today it is exactly one year since I had my last radiation treatment for my throat cancer. I can't believe that those 365 days have flown by.




I am very happy to report that - as of my last check up in March - my hero, Dr. K - can see no trace of that horrible thing that was blocking my airway. He saved my life. I will be going back for my next check up in July.




The picture is of the mask that I had to wear while on the radiation table. The mask was placed over my head and bolted to the table - Arggg! The staff then left the room and I could hear that 4 foot thick door close with a CLUNK! Arggg. The radiation machine would then start it's whirring and clunking and zapping! The whole procedure only took about 5 minutes - BUT - with my head bolted to the table it seemed like 5 hours. I had treatment 5 days a week for 7 weeks and while I dreaded every day - I must say that the staff was wonderful and kind and lovely. Bless xxxxxxxx




When I graduated from radiation - yes, they gave me a graduation certificate (I suppose if you die before you are finished you don't get one!) they also presented me with my mask. I don't know what to do with it - play ice hockey, maybe!




Mr. Indi is not too bad this morning - bladder infection is on the mend. He gave me a gift certificate for Borders book store for my b'day. He has now given me a list of books that he wants me to get for him - with my gift cert! Men! LOL

3 comments:

Muderma said...

Glad to hear Himself's bladder is improving ! Nothing is quite like the pain and discomfort of peeing what seems like hot barbed wire !!

That mask ! Looks like you should be eating liver with fava beans washed down with a nice chianti ... a la Hannibal Lector !

You could use it as some sort of planter ??

Hugs as always ... Granny

lexi said...

Indi I'm so happy mr. indi is feeling slighlty better, give him a big hug from this Yankee....

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN THAT DEPARTMENT....

I have to agree with GW, it does look like a Hannibal mask. Now get ready.....hehe

Hannibal Lecter Jokes

What does Hannibal Lecter call Janet Reno on a bun?
A Manwhich.

What does Hannibal Lecter call 3 of Bill Clinton's girlfriends?
Chunky Soup.

What does Hannibal Lecter put on his pancakes?
The real Aunt Jemima.

What did Hannibal Lecter say after he ate Monica Lewinsky?
Boy she went down fast.

xoxoxo
Lexi

Sybalan said...

Hi indi Glad to her Mr Indi has got rid of that nasty infection,
Congrats of the 1st aniversary I am so pleased to here you got all clear,

as for the mask I thought it was some exotic canary cage lol trust me!
love to you both
Sybil