Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Meeting Myself Coming Back!


I'm having a terrible time sleeping - and I think it's because of my arthritis which seems to be getting worse - especially my poor old elbows. I suppose it is from pulling and pushing his Lordship about the bed all day long! Cor! It is a real struggle to get those diapers on him and shoving the bed pan under that large bum of his requires super human strength. My arms aren't so bad in the daytime but when I have been resting in bed, it's almost impossible to lift up a glass of water to get a sip! Pfft. I hate being old!


We had a lovely day on Sunday as our little granddaughter came to visit. She played with the doll houses and I took her to the park in the afternoon. The weather was lovely and she had a ball clambering all over the playground equipment. She also had no problem making friends with some of the other children in the park and was soon telling them all what to do! A born leader - that one! Her Papa really enjoyed seeing her and he loves the fact that she is so generous with her hugs!


Yesterday was manic! I did the post office - bank - drug store - grocery store - gas station. Also 4 loads of laundry and cooked BBQ ribs and fixed home made potato salad! I'm pedaling as fast as I can!


Mr Indi seems to be getting quite dippy and when the nurse came yesterday, I asked her about it. She says it's probably the morphine and it will only get worse. The other night, he swore that I had gone into his room at 1 a.m. and tucked him into bed (t'wasn't me!) So now he thinks it's a ghost who is visiting him at night. Well, as long as it is a friendly ghost, we'll be OK!


Today, I am having my 80 foot ash tree pruned - so it will be chain saws and wood chippers all day - charming! Nothing like a bit of peace and quiet is there?


The picture is one I took the other day of the inside of a cactus flower that was blooming on my patio. The flowers only last one day but they are stunning.

No comments: