Saturday, April 11, 2009

T'aint fair!


BUT - nobody ever said that it would be fair!


We had a terrible night last night - poor Mr. Indi's bowels started to move - at about 10:30 pm - while I was fast asleep - Argggg! I was awoken by this horrible yell - "Oy - I need you!" I spent the next hour and a half putting him on the pan - taking him off the pan - putting him on the pan again. We went through about 300 yards of lavatory paper Pfft! Do you know the price of lavatory paper?


I finally got into my bed at 12:00 - and was so happy to rest my poor old back which I have put out by carrying heavy grocery bags. Or maybe it's getting those diapers on Mr. Indi's big old bum! Pfft!


On Thursday, I was talking to the pharmacist in our local grocery store - we were discussing bed sores - particularly Mr. Indi's bum sores. He said that there is no real cure - the problem is that our skin gets thin and does not repair itself as we get old. The joys of reaching the "Golden Age" Arggggg!


So, today is a long and sad day - I wish he could get out of bed and join me for a trip to the craft store - he needs paints and stuff for his modeling - but I will have to go and guess what it is that he needs. It is more than sad - for a 58 year old man, who has worked so hard all his life, to be a prisoner in a bed - unable to control his bodily functions - it stinks! (Argggg!)


Happy Easter Bunny to all of those who believe in him - I do! I'm hoping he leaves me a chocolate egg! Yumm!


The pic is one of the blossoms on my flowering cherry tree - I think it's a pretty good shot.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish the Easter bunny would bring you some respite sis. Love you guys xxxxxx

Daria said...

Happy Easter to the both of you.

I often think about that too ... you work hard all your life and cancer takes away your dignity. That is not fair ... not that cancer cares.

Anonymous said...

I think the shot of the blossom is lovely.

well done indi,
find the beauty in each day :o)

g a r

lexi said...

Happy Easter John & Pam

Here's a few giggles

Q: What do you call rabbits that marched in a long sweltering Easter parade?
A: Hot, cross bunnies.

Q: What do you call Easter when you are hopping around?
A: Hoppy Easter!

Q: What do you call a duck that just doesn't fit in?
A: Mallardjusted.

Q: What do you get when you cross a chicken and the Easter Bunny?
A: A good Easter.

Q: What do you call a duck who plays basketball?
A: A slam duck.

Q: Why was the rabbit rubbing his head?
A: Because he had a eggache! (headache)

Indi, shame on you for taking advantage of Good Friday! I've sat in the back row myself for a quick exit, only not for the same reason. lol

Years ago, I wanted to be a nurse and I still remember all about bed soares from my experience working in a nursing home. My heart goes out to mr. indi. Maybe you might want to consider looking into the healing benefits of Tea Tree Oil for bed soares?

http://www.mamaherb.com/Treatments/View.aspx?id=5339

I buy tea tree oil for hand therapy and it does wonders for my old wash women hands. lol

Bed & Bath sells this brand or visit

earththerapeutics.com

xoxoxo
Lexi

Muderma said...

Couldn't agree more with g.a.r. .. find the beauty in each day ... there is much to be thankful for.

HAPPY EASTER to you both ...

lots of love and many hugs ... Granny

rosie said...

happy easter indie and john indie hope you do't mind some unsolicited advice in regards to his sore bum since you don't have a air mattress go to the drug store and get a blow up doughnut that you wuld sit on if you had a sore arse this will at least keep that area up a little and releive some of the pressure

love rose

Muderma said...

Of course, if loo roll costs a lot, there's always last years telephone directory ...