Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peace and Quiet? What's That?


I am forcing myself to sit and write this as I can't seem to find more than 5 minutes in a day in which to sit at this puter! We still haven't changed our internet providers as it is turning out to be a bit more of a nosebleed than first anticipated. We really cannot be without the internet for more than one day because (even though Mr. Indi is now officially on permanent sick leave) he still works from home every day. His boss is so grateful as it seems the place is falling to bits without the magical Mr. Indi touch!


The bed move went without a hitch - except that I was completely hobbled from swinging his Lordship around in the Hoya lift for hours on end! I moved him from the bed to the wheelchair and put him in the living room but that didn't last very long because sitting upright is too painful on his spine. So, after 15 minutes of watching the big telly he needed to lie down. Next stop was "The Green Room." It's the smallest of the bedrooms and decorated with disgusting green paint and wallpaper that has been up for at least 15 years! It was a bit of a job to get the hoist around in there but I did it and managed to get him in "The Green Bed." He was happy to lie down but soon became a bit frustrated because, without a trapeze or handrails, he was unable to move about in the bed.


The first lot of bed people came at 9:30 and dismantled the original bed , stacked it up in the living room and set up their bed in the bedroom. That took about an hour - then with the help of the nurse, I made up the hospital bed with clean linen. I then used the Hoya to get him back into the wheelchair and into the other bedroom - one more trip in the Hoya, and I had him back in a hospital bed. By now my back was breaking! You will notice that the nurse who was sent to help me - helped me put a sheet on the bed! LOL. She's a nice woman but has no clue how to use a Hoya lift. Pffft!
Mr. Indi's bed sore on his bum is doing much better - I have been using a concoction of zinc ointment mixed with calamine and vitamin D - it seems to be working.


All was settled by 12 noon when the mechanic called to say that my car was ready - I had been driving Mr. Indi's hunk of junk and was having big trouble with the power steering so drove his car down and dropped it off with Sonny (the multi tattooed mechanic!) and picked up mine ($150 for a new battery and oil change) It was soon determined that Mr. Indi's car had a serious problem with the high pressure power steering line - cost $398 - ARGGGGGGGG! Anyway - it's all better now - I picked up the heap of junk yesterday afternoon and now have 2 working cars (Am not betting how long they stay that way!)


The weather has been unbearable - over 100F for 3 days. But today is supposed to be cooler - my garden will be happy about that!


I took the pic this morning - the Peace rose is growing in my front garden. My Dad's fave rose. I like it too.

2 comments:

Muderma said...

Glad to hear Himself's b*m is getting better slowly ... its amazing what those nuns can achieve ! I'll report back to them ....

... what ?

You think its JUST the cream curing his b*m ? Nonsense ! 8-)

Lots of love and hugs ... Granny W.

Anonymous said...

I do love the Peace Rose. It was one of my mum's favourites. She owned the Beaufort Florists at the Fox & Goose, remember? Have tried to grow one at our existing house but it seems to have failed.

You must have muscles like Popeye after all that lifting and dragging. I thought a Hoya was a sweet scented shrub?

Are you from LA or SF. Yes, we are still going in September but I removed my thread because no-one showed any interest, except yourself of course.

Is it really 100 def.F where you are? It was 18.5C today in South Wales.

We have 3 grandchildren under one roof tonight, my son and his partner who has the flu. Grandson who is 8 is suffering from nightmares. I am sure it's the horror movies that his family seem to watch all the time. He's been body-boarding today working his way up to Hawaii! Joke! S. Wales is no comparison of course.

Hope to hear from you,Tough Angel.

Judy