Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catch of the Day!


Yesterday's 'catch of the day' was a 230 lb whale! And a happy whale he was too!


I had to get his Lordship out of the bed because the bed fixing man came to fix the side rails on the hospital bed. Mr. Indi had pulled on the rails so much that he broke them! What a wally! Anyway, the medical supply company is very good and sent a nice young hospital bed fixer out on a Saturday morning to replace the rails. He (the bed rail fixer) was very impressed with the fact that I could get the Hoya lift out and have Mr. Indi suspended in mid-air in about 5 minutes! His company doesn't allow him to help move patients (insurance issues, I suppose) so he was a very interested spectator as I lowered my big fish into his wheelchair! He thought it quite amazing that a little thing like me could catch such a big one!


Yesterday afternoon was perfect for gardening and I am finally feeling well enough to get out the spade, fork and hoe and have a good go at the little rose garden that is outside Mr. Indi's bedroom window. I pruned all the roses back and pulled out all of that bloody alyssum that seeds itself everywhere - cursed stuff! I then added some clay soil amendment and finally gave all the roses a good dose of rose food. I let the water spray over the whole thing for at least an hour and I'm now expecting to see prize winning roses within a month! Well, at least I hope that Mr. Indi will have a pretty view from his bed.


We received the income tax paperwork from George and it seems that he had made a slight mis-calculation. Now, we don't owe the government thousands - just hundreds! Phew, that's a relief! I think! Poor old George is getting a bit long in the tooth for the complex nature of US income tax. Next year, I shall look for a new accountant - one who is under 90!


Well, Mr. Indi wants to get out of the bed again - Argggg! He wants to sit in front of the big mirror and cut his hair and have a shave. S0000000000 - Off I go to get the Hoya lift out of the spare room and sling my big whale around the room.
*Note to Lexi - Hey! A little less of the old - if you don't mind! LOL xxxxxxx




3 comments:

lexi said...

Hi Indi,

Wow, I'm extremely impressed that you're able to get mr. indi into that sling all by yourself!

Sorry, that was a typo, I'm the old bat......lol

xoxoxo
Lexi

Muderma said...

I'm amazed ! And very impressed that you can go fishing and catch such a big (and may I say very handsome) big fish ...

... nice legs !


(His, not yours !)

Lots of love ... Granny

Sybalan said...

Hi Indi,
Just catching up was away all day/night yesterday,i know dirty stop out lol, Boy am I glad i have retied!!! might have had to watch my job, mastered the dipers, and now the hoist, well done girl,
Dont worry about trying to put Mr Indi and the wheelchair to bed, done that a few times myself, I tought it would save time next day;) tell them you want a nice electric one there easier, dont have to pump them up,

off to Cyprus on Wednesday late afternoon I will try getting a few good shots out there just for you,
will have a lot to catch up on the blog when i get back though,
Love ya both Sybil