Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All About Cars - And Other Stuff.


On Monday, a new handicapped placard came in the mail for Mr. Indi. When I opened the envelope, I just sat on the couch and cried. He will never drive a car again - he will probably never even be able to get into a car again. The placard is of no use.


Also on Monday, our friend, Enrique, came to visit us on his day off - this is the chap who has the English teacher who told him he would burn in hell....blah, blah, blah. (BTW - he took my advice and told her to shut up about her religion - which she has!) Enrique has recently bought a car - he used to go everywhere on his bike - and he is now enjoying himself with his new toy! He came to see if he could help me out with some chores and I asked him if he would take John's car to the car wash - (I would pay, of course) It hasn't been driven in about 8 weeks and was covered in dust and even had cobwebs growing in the wheel wells! Well, Enrique didn't want to go to the car wash - he says they are a waste of money and a hand washing is the best! I didn't argue and within an hour he had washed both Mr. Indi's and my car. What a deal! And, what a kind chap Enrique is.


Mr. Indi had a visitor yesterday and so I took the opportunity to go off for an hour and visit my friends, Marika and Cyndi. Both of them have beautiful babies who just turned one year old so I got to see lots of lovely pictures. I also had a nice lunch and a tall cold beer!


Yesterday morning, the plumber came and fixed the broken drain gizmo in the kitchen sink. It didn't take him long and I am now back in the washing up business without any leaks. That was another $150 down the drain! (Get it?)


Mr Indi is not feeling too well - mainly because he is constipated from the morphine again. One of his nurses suggested that I make him a cocktail that they call "The Bomb!" 4 oz of warm prune juice mixed with 2 oz of Milk of Magnesia. I think not! I would be afraid that the ensuing explosion would severely damage the neighborhood! Still, I must get things moving today - I shall start with Shredded Wheat and raisins.


Do you like the picture of my new car? Ha Ha! I have seen it a few times around and about here. I don't know how they get away with driving it on the street. I don't think that it is street legal - but it sure is fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whose toupee have they nicked for the roof of the spendid car?

[HUGS]
g a r

Muderma said...

Indi, my friend, I think you need to cry occasionally, so when I read that you had, I was happy for you. Does that sound weird ? I hope not. Crying is good; so is beating your head against a brick wall, and kicking the cat ... but I'd stick with the occasional cry if I were you ... it gets rid of anger, frustrations, sadness, tensions ... so make sure you've got plenty of Kleenex, and do it occasionally !

Much love and lots and lots of hugs to you and Himself. (Still praying for his b*m !!)