Monday, April 13, 2009

No Easter Egg! Boo Hoo!


Oh well, I didn't need an Easter Egg anyway - I already have a cupboard full of sweeties and yesterday, Mr. Indi's Russian buddy came to visit him and bought me another HUGE box of those delicious dark chocolates from Russia. He also bought me a bottle of desert wine from Moldavia (his home state.) He says that the wine is a traditional accompaniment to the dark chocolate. Them Russians know what they are doing! I told Mr. Indi that for dinner tonight we shall be having chocolate and wine!


Our Easter was very quiet. I went out with my camera for an hour while Mr. Indi was visiting with his work buddy and sharing all the dirt and office gossip. I didn't find much to snap - the California poppies are all blooming along the freeway but there is no place to stop and photograph them - grrr! I did get a couple of Day Lily pics - and some of that wonderful purple ice plant that is opening up all over the neighborhood - but nothing spectacular.


My day was ruined when, as I was going to make dinner, I discovered a big leak coming from under the kitchen sink. I opened the cupboard door and there was 1/2 inch of water in the cupboard - ARGGG! I emptied out all of the cleansers and stuff and mopped it all out. I then began the task of trouble shooting - with Mr. Indi shouting instructions from down the hall! Talk about the blind leading the blind! Anyway - it's a problem with a gasket and I don't have the tools, knowledge, desire or time to fix it. So, this morning I called my plumbing buddy but he can't come out until tomorrow morning. So - I have taken the interim step of shoving a bucket under the sink! Looking on the bright side - that cupboard needed cleaning out anyway!


On Saturday, my son and DIL bought over lots of drinking water in the big 2.5 gallon jugs. I can't possibly lift them and my back is still messed up so I was thankful for the favor. They also gave me the lovely orchid that is in the pic. I love orchids and am hoping my little plant in the family room will soon sprout as it did at about this time last year.


Mr. Indi has now begun to take the necessary steps to give up working from home and go onto disability. He is just unable to keep up with the deadlines and gets rather forgetful because of the morphine. So, tis better for him, I think, to be able to relax and not worry about month-end reports, etc. They have already picked a replacement and Mr. Indi has been trying to guide him through the requirements of the job - but the replacement is happy to let Mr. Indi do the work - Pffft! He needs to give it up and take his sick pay - for which he has worked so hard.


Thanks for all of the suggestions regarding Mr. Indi's bum. Yes, he does have an air mattress (provided by hospice) and yes, he does have a doughnut to sit on - and yes, I think praying for his bum is a good idea - can't hurt! I will look into the other remedies.


A quick "Thanks" to Jan for the pic of the bunny wabbits - they are adorable. Also, a quick "Happy Holidays" to Sybil who is in Cyprus - lucky old thing you xxxxx - and, as always lots of hugs to my special friend in Colorado xxxxxxxx - and big sloppy kisses to the rest of you xxxxxx.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get eggs. Neither did I. Boo hoo. Back to work tomorrow, put my back out this morning, so not good. Will call Tuesday love Anjo xxxxx