Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a Cake!


Yesterday, I had a special anniversary luncheon and as a gift, the manager of the restaurant sent out this lovely gooey chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. It was soooooooooooo yummy!


Have not had much time for the blog. Mr. Indi gets weaker by the day - but his spirits are still good. He has lost more of the use of his legs - in fact they are now gone completely. This means that I have to push around more dead weight when changing his diaper and/or the bed linens. And - as a result, my poor old elbows are as sore as boils! It's at time like this that I wish I was 150lbs instead of a scrawny old bird! I must eat more chocolate!


We watched the movie last night and we chose the sing along version - I don't think his Lordship was amused! But he did like the scenery and thankfully the movie was not too long so I was able to tuck him in bed by 8:30.


My birthday tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Will drink lots of Bailey's - or something.

10 comments:

lexi said...

Happy Birthday Indi!

Interesting that you married mr. indi so close to your birthday. I married mr. lexi very close to my birthday too. He wanted to marry on my birthdate, but I nixed that idea just in case of a divorce....and here we are 29 years later still married...lol

My best to mr. indi

xoxoxo
lexi

Daria said...

I read your blog daily and think of the two of you often.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sis
luvs ya
wayne

Anonymous said...

Oh Indie, so sad to hear Mr Indie's news. Try to celebrate your birthday, if not for you celebrate for your family, cos without your birth they wldn't have had much of a life would they!

Best wishes for a happy if somewhat Baileyed out day!

Yor

Anonymous said...

Here's looking at you kid! Have a fab birthday!

Some sad days for you at the moment I know and my heart goes out to you but you are one very very brave lassie!

Much love to you both (Oh and Anjo Banjo too)

xxxxx

Muderma said...

Happy Birthday my friend ... and maybe get some more of that chocolate cake, to sop up the birthday Baileys ?

Thinking of you both ... and LOTS of love to you and himself.

Glad you sangalonga Mamma Mia. Great fun, isn't it !

XXX and hugs ...

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Anniversary, and a Happy Birthday, and I will pour my self a Baileys, and Raise my glass to you Both,

Stay strong think of you both every

Love ya Both
Sybil

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, love!

xoxoxoxoxo sdb

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Indi, best to Mr Indi too
Jed

Anonymous said...

hi indie

happy birthday eat lots of cake and enjoy wish we were all there with you we would get you blasted

rose