Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Here I am!


After a too short visit, Anjo is now back home - she had a good flight - a bit bumpy but aren't we all! Last I heard, she was sitting with her bum on the radiator - I, on the other hand, have had my bum in the chaise - soaking up a few rays this afternoon! I do hope you poor people get some warm weather soon.


I want to tell you all that Anjo was a great help to me. She did lots of skivvying - and didn't eat much! My fridge is cleaned out and all of those strange things on the top shelf have been rehomed - in the rubbish! The spare room has been tidied and the toilets have been plunged! She is a star!


We had another lovely birthday party at the weekend - although it was very sad. We all squeezed into Mr. Indi's room and I opened my presents there - lots of lovely stuff: a super book on the California Missions, a case of Newcastle and spotted knickers from Marks and Sparks! A great variety of great presents!


I want to thank all of the lovely family and friends who sent me birthday messages, cards and flowers. I love you all xx


Mr. Indi is weak but doing OK. He spent at least 4 hours today working from home - on his computer and on the phone. He still feels the need to work - it keeps him going. Tomorrow, we will make an appointment with the hospice lady. His Lordship has decided to go with hospice - there doesn't seem to be much in the way of alternatives. I agree with his decision - I just want him to be comfortable and free from pain.


Hi Rosie - thanks for your concern re: bed sores. The nurse (RN) came today gave his Lordship the once over. His only real problem is on his right elbow but I am keeping my eye on it - he wears elbow pads and I am using Desitin at least twice a day - he also keeps his elbows on pillows. I turn him every two hours - even though it's like moving a moose! But, he is a wonderful patient and doesn't mind when I shove him around! It's great to be in charge!


The pic is from my bookay of b'day flowers! They smell like .......er.......flowers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday with friends and family wishing you well.

I still plan to see you next week ... hope to hell nothing changes that!

xoxoxo to you both!

Anonymous said...

Its great you celebrated your birthday and got some neat presents and I must say as we missed out on the spotted bikini you should feel duty bound to pose for the camera in the spotted knickers instead! Fair enough don't you think.

I am sorry to hear Mr Indi is leaving home for the hospice. As you say its the best move and it may give you the opportunity to be the foxy, knock your socks off, spiked hair lady you are. (lol and probably terrify him when you visit- sorry)

So is the nurse's uniform with fish net stockings and suspenders for sale yet? (I have heard a rumour they are)

Yor