Friday, March 27, 2009

A Big Leg!


I was awoken at 4 a.m. this morning by this little voice wimpering "help - help" I dived out of the bed and into Mr. Indi's room next door. There he was with one of his legs hanging over the side of the bed. This gets really scary because he is a big chap and I'm afraid that the weight of one leg could cause him to fall over the edge of the bed and that would make an almighty THUMP!




I managed to lift the leg back into bed - those dead legs are very heavy - and - at 4 in the morning - even more so! I made us a nice cup of tea and - once I had him situated - I curled up on the couch with my blankie. But, no sleep.




Mr. Indi's morphine is now impairing his speech and behaviour. I am not very happy about this as he is loopy much of the time - but the hospice people are more concerned with his pain than anything else - understandable - I suppose. But, I now feel that I have lost my husband altogether.




I had some sad news today - my lovely cousin, Jan, has breast cancer. I think they have caught it early enough - my thoughts are with her xxxxx




Not much to add - just lots of sadness.




I took the picture the other day.














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

♥ ♥ ♥

[BIG HUGS}

♥ ♥ ♥

lexi said...

"I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love, and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety, or fear try to call me, they will keep getting a busy signal and soon they'll forget my number.

Edith Armstrong"

Anonymous said...

Oh Indi,

I am thinking of you - wish I could give you both a hug.


Yor

Anonymous said...

More Big Hugs
Jed

Muderma said...

Have a few hugs from Wales too.

And you havent lost your husband; you've got a new, more loopy one than before; he's still your husband, just different ... and the love is still there ...

XXX

... and more hugs !

Angela said...

Hi Pam,

Finally thanks to on line direction from Banjo I found your blog again.

What can I say, you're in my thoughts.... life really shouldn't be this cruel.

Angela xx