Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nothing But Junk!


It seems that everything that I buy lately has to be taken back because it's BROKE! Grrr! Yesterday, I bought a wrap around ear piece for my cell phone so that I would be in compliance with the stupid "hands free" cell phone law. To me, talking on the cell phone while driving is dangerous and using an ear piece doesn't make it safer! But hey ho - I need to have my cell phone with me at all times because his Lordship usually decides to have a bowel movement while I'm driving to the bank!


So, rather than face the wrath of the local sheriff, I broke down and bought an ear piece. I got it home and tried it out - it didn't work. Mr. Indi said I was doing it wrong! What? All you need to do is shove it in yer ear! So, Mr. Know-It-All tried it for himself and found that it is BROKE! Our sister sister was here and she had a go with it. It didn't work. After using the rotten thing on 3 separate cell phones we all came to the conclusion that - yes indeed - the bloody thing is BROKE! I now have to take it back to the cell phone shop and exchange it - what a pain.


I had a terrible night with very little sleep but I was out like a light when, at 2:30 a.m., Mr. Indi dropped his tele clicker on the floor and caused me to shoot out of my bed like a bullet. It seems that he was groping around trying to find his bottle of water when he knocked the darn thing on the floor. Anyway, that was the end of my beauty sleep - and it shows today! Got the uglies!


The weather is still very grey and cool - although I should not complain because it is much more comfortable than that 100F that will be here soon enough.


I took the picture of the freesias this morning. They are really coming out now.

1 comment:

jdc said...

Hi Indi,

Time for power naps for you I think. We have that cell phone law here now, and they are trying to extend to eating and other driver distractions. I haven't got the ear thing yet, but pull over to road shoulder to stop. It's a little bit of a pain, but safe :-) Sounds like you and Mr. Indi have had your hands full with health care system for a bit. Hope that's over with soon.

Best wishes from the north,

JDC

Hope you got the pix I sent to cheer you up a bit.