Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mrs Smith Strikes Again!



When we lived in the house previous to this one - about 650 years ago - we discovered that the man who owned the house had the unfortunate experience of his mother kicking the bucket in the house while visiting him. Her name was Mrs. Smith - and - after we moved in, things would disappear - only to reappear after I had torn the house apart. I call it the Mrs. Smith phenomenon!




Well, it seems as though Mrs. Smith has followed us to this house and we are still having trouble with stuff vanishing into thin air - and reappearing - just when I am at my wits end. (Not that I have much wits left!)




This week, it is the income tax papers. I have an appointment tomorrow with George - our lovely old CPA - who is about 112 years old - but knows the IRS inside and out. I started to gather all the paper work together last week but couldn't put my hand on Mr. Indi'sW2 - The most important paper of all! Argggg! I have spent hours looking through the file cabinets - desk drawers - bedside tables - and under the bed with the dust bunnies - but NO LUCK! Finally, Mr. Indi called his work and asked for a duplicate - we filled out all the proper forms and sent in $30 in the hope that we would get the form before April 15 - the magic deadline.




So - this morning, I decided to go through the file cabinet - one more time - and - YES - there it was - the W2. That bloody Mrs. Smith has been here again! Grrr! Do you believe in ghosts? I do!




Mr. Indi has had another bladder infection and Claudia (nurse) has had to flush his bladder and change his catheter and bag (Ouch!) But his water is much nicer today! - I hear that on the shuttle they are reconstituting urine into drinking water - there's a thought!


I'm feeling a bit better - still coughing like a sailor on Woodbines! but my chest is a bit better each day. Not any bigger - but better!




The pic is one I took last week - I hope to get out with my camera in the next few days - spring is blooming and I want to catch it.




p.s. - Thank you for all of the kind messages - we love you all xxxxxx














1 comment:

Muderma said...

"When we lived in the house previous to this one - about 650 years ago - "

I know YOU'RE old, Indi, but didnt know America was that old too !


XX XX XX