Saturday, March 28, 2009

It Goes On!


Well, we survived another day - and I am sooooooooo grateful for all of the kind and considerate messages from friends, family, and strangers. It helps me cope - Thank You All xxxxxxx


I'm happy to say that my own health seems to be improving - so - when I got up this morning, at 5 a.m, to a nasty pancake in a diaper - I actually coped quite well. I am getting very good at the poopy bottom routine - and the hospice company has given me some spray-on poopy bottom soap stuff. It is a tremendous help - but I still have to open the bedroom window. LOL! Still, the weather has improved and there is a nice spring breeze in the air!


A social worker from the hospice company called me this morning. She asked about the ins and outs of .......well, you know what! She wanted to know if John and I have made arrangements for his funeral yet. Argggg. John believes that he will live for another year or two (fat chance!) and he is not ready to talk about his funeral. I already have the funeral arrangements in my head - but not on paper. I suppose that I should tell someone what we want - in case I get run over by a bus!


The nurse's aid (who is supposed to supply diapers) didn't have any diapers when she came last Wednesday - and now she won't be back till Monday. So - I have been to the store and got some more Depends. I'm not too happy about them as they have changed the design to suit men who have bladder control problems - not poopy problems. I suppose I could put them on backwards! That BIG bladder catcher will work for the other end!


The social worker wanted to send a pastor to talk to us - I declined the offer. John's dying - what's the point? Please don't write and tell me that you have a point.


The yellow rose is growing in my garden - I need to prune all the roses - when I get the time.






7 comments:

Daria said...

You are some lady ....

Anonymous said...

Love you darling sis, you are an inspiration to us all.xxxxxxxxx Anjo

Anonymous said...

Pam

Sad news! You are some gal tell ya!Inspiration seems inadequate to describe.

Love to you both

Ann, Jules & Holly
xxxxx

Sybalan said...

Dear indi, I right now i just want to put my arms around you and give you a hug, i wish I were near you to help you, but know i am thinking of you and I am here if i need you

Sybil

Muderma said...

Indi, my friend ... avoid the strange pastor if at all possible ... UNLESS you know him/her, and UNLESS you feel he/she could help you with practical matters; the God stuff is completely up to YOU; if you want it ... good; if not ... also good ! Don't risk being forced into something you don't want or aren't comfortable with ...


Lots more hugs !! XX

lexi said...

To Quote John Wayne

"It Ain't Easy"

Indi, I grew up watching John Wayne movies (because we only have one TV and my father wanted to watch him, not me) I thought that only "Yankees" had "True Grit", but after watching what you & John are going through, I now know that brummies have it too.

Extra Hugs and Kisses
Lexi

Angela said...

.....just wishing you both something good for tomorrow

Angela xoxo