Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It Hurts!


Well - today lots of things hurt. The blood tests were found and the doctor would not even give us the results. His advise - hospice - because there is nothing else that can be done. Well, we knew that - but didn't want to hear it. That hurt.


Poor Mr. Indi can no longer have a good piddle without a great struggle - so when the home health nurse came this morning she examined him and determined that he has water retention and needs a catheter. She will be here later this afternoon to insert one. That hurts!


I keep Mr. Indi's urinal stuff clean by rinsing with a drop of bleach. Today, I gave him a clean urinal bottle that I had not drained properly and had a little bleach water left in the bottom of it. Unfortunately, he tipped the bottle back too far and bleached his family jewels! That hurt.


I still have great trouble with my throat and should not eat anything with sharp edges. Today, I ate crisps. That hurt!


AND, as you can see by the photo - they don't make hospital beds big enough for two people!


All around - not one of our better days!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Indie - It does hurt too!

Hugs to you both and my thoughts are with you.

Yor
NZ

lexi said...

Ouch!

My heart goes out to you and mr. indi tonight.

xoxoxo
Lexi

Muderma said...

Lots and lots of hugs and love are all I can give ... wish it were more.




(And maybe go get your throat checked ? So you can be healthy for Himself ?)

Anonymous said...

There are no words except perhaps brave and dignified. Have a better day tomorrow.

Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Oh indi and mr indi ... much love to you both! I know you don't put much stock in organized religion (neither do I), but I really believe in keeping faith. Energy is out there and can be a help. Sending you all mine!

xoxo badger