Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle!


Does anyone remember that old song? "I'm back in the saddle again?" Well, that's how I'm feeling - although, I hope this horse doesn't buck me off! I'm still coughing and feeling a bit fragile - but I think I'm going to survive!


Mr. Indi is now on Home Hospice Care. It is quite different from the Home Health Care in that they provide everything - all of his drugs, diapers, blue sheets, lotions, shampoo and everything else that is part of his comfort. We have a lady who comes to bathe him twice a week and she is really lovely. Her name is Blanca and she is from El Salvador. She and Mr. Indi get along like a house on fire and spend the entire time that she is bathing him yacking about this that and the other! He loves her.


The nurses who come to check on him are also very kind. They all are on top of his pain management and general comfort. They ordered us a Hoya lift so that I may be able to get him in and out of bed and possibly into the wheelchair for a little while (pain permitting.) I haven't tried it yet as I'm still a bit weak - but Blanca is coming tomorrow and will guide me through it.


I still don't think that I am cut out to be a nurse! Emptying the bedpan is a horrible job - changing a crappy diaper (on a 230lb man) is even worse! But - I do what I do and I know that he would do the same for me.


Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I hope to be able to get up the energy to water my garden and take care of my pots - the poor things are neglected! I do need an outlet - I spend 16-20 hours a day on patient care - my poor flowers need me!


I hope you all like the pic of Mr. Indi without a beard! LOL! The pic was taken about 8 years ago in Reading, England. We don't look the same now! I have spiky hair and he has an Albert Einstein do!

4 comments:

Muderma said...

Think I preferred the beard !

SO VERY GLAD you are improving, and also that Himself is getting the care he needs ... not that you weren't providing it, but you needed a break !

Much love to you both, and hugs too ... XX

Anonymous said...

Sis glad you are feeling better,give my best to Mr indi, and a big brummie hug to you
wayne

lexi said...

What a beautiful picture of you both! Let mr. indi know he's a hunk without the beard. lol

All the best

xoxoxo
Lexi

Sybalan said...

Hi Indi Glad your feeling better,

and hope soon well enough to give those pots some tlc,
If I was over there I would come and help you with those dipers, If you could get me up at five in the morning,

Take care my friend, and grab some me time every chance you can, you do need it

Love to you both Sybil XXXXXXX