Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good News and the Other Stuff!


My gardener came back early this morning to finish the job that was soooooo rudely interrupted yesterday when his helper was run over by the old bag next door! Am happy to report that, after a couple of x-rays, Carlos was deemed to be OK by the doc and released from the hospital. He is badly bruised and will be off work for a couple of weeks but no lasting injuries. I was so glad to hear that news.


Our sister sister came yesterday and had a very nice visit with her brother and I. She was very tickled with the book that I received for my b'day - called California Missions. She especially liked the photos of San Juan Bautiste and, of course, Mission San Jose - her Mother House. She will be back today and I hope she can stay with his Lordship for a while as I have to go to the English store - I have run out of Bisto - horrors! And I also could use some Walker's crisps - salt and vinegar....YUM!


As Mr. Indi looses more feeling in his lower half, he is now having lots of trouble in determining whether he needs to use the pot - or not! So, he is now in a diaper full time - and a jolly good thing too, I say! However, there is nothing quite like changing a crappy diaper on a 230 lb man at 5:30 a.m. My poor old arms are barely able to move at that hour - arthritis. Still, we managed and I did enjoy my first cup of tea even though it was a bit late!


We met with the hospice lady again the other day. I know that we shall have to go down that route but I can see that there will be some problems. It seems that when we do go with the hospice, the other agency (home health care) will be coming to pick up the hospital bed and wheelchair and the hospice people will deliver their own equipment. What a flippin' joke. The lady (nurse) who came to talk to us, didn't seem to realize that Mr. Indi is paralyzed and is unable to sit in a wheelchair for more than 15-20 mins without great pain to his spine. But, she assured me that there would be coordination between the two agencies and he would not be uncomfortable. Hmmmm! We'll see. I'm dreading it. But, we still have a few more visits from home health care before we have to switch.


While we were discussing the services offered by the hospice agency, the lady said that one of the things that Mr. Indi would enjoy would be the volunteers who can come and sit with him and play cards or board games! ARGGGGGGGG! If there is one thing that Mr. Indi is in NO mood for it's cards and board games!


Today is grey and gloomy - and so am I!


This pic is from last summer in the park at Redlands.



2 comments:

lexi said...

Hi Indi,

For once I'm at a loss of words and for me that's major news! I'm so sorry you're both going through this very difficult time. Extra hugs to you both.

Here's a thought

Buy a new model for mr. indi and let the caretaker help him put it together?

xoxoxo
Lexi

Sybalan said...

Dear Indi,

I like lexi dont know whaat to say, except I have traveled that road, and know what your going through,
here is a poem Alan Wrote to me before were were together, and i thought i would share it with you.

TO A DEAR FRIEND,
I thought within my darkest days
That nobody would care
But then I found in so many ways
All my friends were there

If I could wish for time again
I would spend them all with you
Because to you I need never explain
For your friendship holds so true

And now to bed the day is done
Lifes better now day is through
And with the setting of the sun
My memories are full of you


lots of Love Sybil