Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flowers From Ann


This beautiful basket of flowers came yesterday - from my dear friend Ann B. in England. It's amazing how well those flowers held up during that 6000 mile flight! LOL. Thank you so much my friend and a big kiss to Jules and Holly - I love you all xxx


Each day gets a little harder. My arms are very stiff from my arthritis - it flared up badly when I got this virus. This means that trying to change blue sheets and diapers has become a bit of a nightmare - to the point that brings me to tears at times. But, I must carry on.


They (the big THEY) (the hospice care) has increased Mr. Indi's morphine to 45mg every 8 hours plus sublingual as needed. This, in conjunction with the gabapentin has made him a little bit loopy at times - I find him singing and talking to himself - and his imaginary friends - Oh dear!


Today, we had a meeting with a financial advisor that had been referred to us from Mr. Indi's work. She was a very pleasant and knowledgeable attorney from New York who advised us what would happen to Mr. Indi's pension and savings ($7.50) when he dies. It seems that I will be worth about $10 - after funeral expenses! I told him that I will save some money by floating him down the Santa Ana river on a barge - aflame! He quite liked the idea. Flaming arrows and all of that!


The weather can't seem to make up it's mind - it's not quite hot - but it's not quite cold. I am looking forward to a bit of heat - my poor old bod could use the vitamin D. I did manage to water all of my pots yesterday - some of them are very sad! (read DEAD) But, I am hoping that once this virus has gone, I will be able to have a good go with the secateurs and Miracle Grow. My philosophy with plants is grow or die - I don't care! Please yerself!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better and that things are improving a bit ... nicer weather always helps.

xoxoxoxo

S.

lexi said...

Indi wrote

"I told him that I will save some money by floating him down the Santa Ana river on a barge - aflame! He quite liked the idea. Flaming arrows and all of that!"

or you could go green

Dear Indi,

This is such a difficult time for you both and I really admire your perseverance through it all. Feeling rather helpless at the moment that I can't skip on over and give you a hand. :-(

xoxoxo
Lexi

Sybalan said...

What a lovely suprise indi, and such beautiful flowers,

I may be over here in Scotland indi but my heart is there with you and mr indi,

I know what a tough time your going through, I dont know where it comes from but you find the strength to carry on, and be strong.

Love you both
Sybil